Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
door panel

I used two thin putty knifes started at bottom corner slid one in between panel and door move til i found pin slide other one on other side till found pin pulled up on both it popped out it get easier as you go.

good luck.

·
Registered
139 Posts
I used a 12' Standard screwdriver and a wonder bar (made by Stanley) using the same method outlined previously. The opening on the wonderbar straddles each side of the plastic male pin. It is also arched so that once inserted you push downward and it will pop the pin out without you having to pry outward on the panel at the same time.

I used the screwdriver to open the corner of the panel 1st and then slide the wonder bar in.

Any arched type tool would work well if positioned close to the pin. Long handled screwdriver style pry bar, pry bar, crating tool, wonder bar, etc.

Be careful to stay as close to the pin as possible so that you don't pull it through the door panel fiberboard.

If you happen to damage either the pin or the female door insert they sell them on Ebay relatively cheap.

Of course all of this is the cart before the horse.... Make sure you remove the screws and the trim around the inner door handle. You will also need to slide back the keeper spring and remove the window crank handle before any door panel removal can start.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts