Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
:D Ipurchased my 2003 Suzuki aerio s " Maura" in November '03. I was so pleased with her performance. I owned a 1995 Ford Aspire named Mandee before maura and was ready for a change. What impressed me the most about Maura was the acceleration. I now had all this power and was psyched to be in a new car. I have since put quite a few (30,000) miles on her. This summer, I loaded two tents, a coleman stove, and various other camping items into the trunk, (so spacious I love it) and drove from Houston to Lake Degray in Arkadelphia, AR. Poor Maura didn't complain once. Lately though, the orange dash lighting on my blue car has been bothering me. I checked a few websites and can't find gauge faces that will fit. I am looking to do an audio upgrade as well. I practically live in my car and I would like a few things upgraded. Does anyone have any affordable suggestions? Or do you know any websites that might have more items suited to my car than cardomain.com? Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Maghan

·
Registered
56 Posts
As far as I know there are two seperate people out there that have experimented with them.

One did an Indiglo guage pod much like a Timex watch. Run a search of google for '+aerio +indiglo' and you should find it. No one has ever been able to locate/contact this gentleman though and so we don't know if they are being marketed at this time.
[EDIT]
Found the indiglo guy saying he's selling them for 160 bucks. No images of them on that I could find. As I understand it he doesn't respond to queries but you could certainly try.
http://www.autoshow.permaisuri.com/Content...=20040110122618
[/EDIT]

The second person is still active in the Aerio community and is experimenting with an updated blue guage filter. His current incarnation as I understand, looks unbelievable at night but things didn't work out for the daytime. Apparently very very hard to see in the day. He's still experimenting.

·
Registered
38 Posts
There are other inexpensive interior changes you caould do such as painting the plastic panels. They all pop off and can be painted any colour you choose. Here is an example.

Just make sure to thououghly clean the panels befor you spray them so the paint will adhere properly.

·
Registered
38 Posts
This pic was borrowed from cardomain.com but the paint was nothing special. I was at Canadian Tire last night and while looking for some paint for my rims I saw that Krylon® Fusion® was made specifically for plastics. You can check out their web site at: www.krylon.com. As I said earlier the most important thing is to prep the surface properly or the paint won't stick. The example in the picture only shows a few panels painted. I have seen other pics where the whole dash and door panels have been painted. Just be carefull about the panels covering the air bags. You definately don't want to set them off. Check the manual for air bag info before attempting to remove those particular panels. Personally I would just leave them alone.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts