Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi new here, wondering if there's a way to put a sort of ram air or like a CAI on my 06 forenza. Any reply is appreciated.

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi Renza429 welcome to the forum! of course there is, all you have to do is remove your intake lolol you have a couple of options for an intake. first theres the premade rout. right now i think theres only one intake for the car in production. its made by weapon-r and i believe its a "secret weapon intake". i dont have one but ive heard good things. another option is to build your own. a company called spectre or specter has all the parts you would need to build one. there a company that makes do it yourself parts. or what you can do is buy one for cheap off ebay you think is close to the right shape and cut it and put it together so it fits. not my suggested way because you never know what your going to get or how much work will be involved. or just buy some pipe and make your own. heres some info about making your own;yoiu want to run the intake the same rout as the stock intake. youll need to use 3inch piping. you need a 90 degree elbow to come off of the throttle body. silicone is probably best for the elbow piece. then a straight pipe, sorry i dont know the length of pipe youll need. then i think its a 45degree bend to get you from the back of the engine around to the side. then straight pipe. now you could stop there with it behind the headlight or you could run it down behind the bumper. if you go down by the pumper of course youll need another bend. the stock intake isnt the easiest to remove. once you get all the top pieces off, if i remember correctly, you need to remove the splash shield from behind the tire and under the front and pull the air box out that way. you might have to fight with it a little bit. i think thats about it. any other questions just ask

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you so much! Helps alot been looking through the DIY CAI that another guy made on here and was looking at that option but I might depending on budget, get the 'secretweapon' looks a bit cleaner. Thank you again!

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Also 7-even ,for the 'secret weapon' intake, what would be the size for the filter the 3inch or 4 inch? or is that a personal adjustment?

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. the intake comes as a whole kit including the filter. heres a link to the intake on their website so you can see what it looks like. i wouldnt buy from them direct though, the prices are much higher on their website. ive also heard they have bad customer service. theres a few for sale on eBay and some online stores had it also.
Weapon-R
on ebay they also had the "dragon intake" for the car. its a little different and a little cheaper.

·
Registered
6 Posts

·
Registered
3,098 Posts
hi. i dont remember what the size is, sorry. the easiest thing to do is to either take the hose to an autoparts store and match it up or you could measure the inside diameter of the existing hose.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts