Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello, recently I found that I had an air leak under the intake manifold, which explains the lean codes on both banks. The leak is where the egr pipe goes into the intake manifold under it. The pipe has a small hole AND air leaks where the pipe and manifold joins. The gasket is ovaled instead of being a circle, leading me to believe that it is bad. Has anyone every changed this? Where can I buy it? Because I can't even find it in the suzuki parts catalog.

Attachments

·
Registered
5 Posts
Valve cover gasket

I replaced mine a few years back, i looked everywhere for intake manifold gasket but i found out its called a valve cover gasket. I had never done one until I did that and I had a friend help me with it. If you goto suzukicarparts.com you can find it, they have everything for these cars but are a little pricey. It's a good starting point though.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
No. The valve cover gasket is the long gasket that goes around the engine. The engine cover, or "valve", gasket. That is NOT what I am talking about.

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
If anyone would care to know, seeing as nobody EVER replies to anyone's problems except with incorrect answers, the dealer has the gasket. $13. Goodbye.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts