Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
your timing appears to be out. DO NOT TURN THE ENGINE OVER until it is corrected. How did you time it? did you not set it to TDC and confirm the marks all lined up before removing the head to change the seals?

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
why did you disassemble the variable cam unit? there was no need to. Is the engine still at tdc?has it been turned at all with the timing like this?

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
Just the necesary to try to align the marks i didnt know tha it was a whole unit. Now can i still fixed.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
Just the necesary to try to align the marks i didnt know tha it was a whole unit. Now can i still fixed.
if you have rotated it any more than a 1/4 turn, then you may have problems.

You need to read the manual carefully and work out what you have done wrong, and re-assemble it all properly. If you need to turn the engine any more than a 1/4 turn, you will need to remove the camshafts so all the valves are closed, otherwise you will hit them with the pistons and cause serious damage.

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
My guest is they are all closed because i change all the valve stems and when i put the springs the valve has to be all tje way up correctme if im wrong if you see the picture the mark is so close to be where it needs to be and you right i didnt read the manual carefully.Now i have the wife breathing on my neck. I jus need a litle help. I have i forgot that i have obd5 program thats my source for diagrams pics an everything else .

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
some valves will still be open due to where the cam lobes are sitting. 1 tooth out of alignment is enough to bend valves in these engines.

All the valves will be shut before you fitted the cams, once you fit them, then some valves will open.

·
Registered
4,745 Posts
take cams out, set engine to TDC on correct cylinder according to the manual, check the cam gear to camshaft alignment, refit the cams in the correct positions. Removing the cams is the only way you can turn the engine without bending valves.

Read the manual and follow its procedure to set the timing.

1 - 11 of 11 Posts