Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
08 Suzuki SX4 sedan 5 speed manual. 180000 miles. Bought the car at 115000 miles. Certain indicator lights have not worked on the instrument panel since I've owned it. The following are the only lights that light up when the ignition is turned on. Oil pressure, charging, seatbelt reminder, brake, and abs. The daytime running and high beam lights indicator works. The blinker lights work. Gas light and open door lights both work. I'm assuming the only lights left that don't illuminate are the malfunction indicator light, low tire pressure light and the air bag. I assumed some of the bulbs had gone out but when I took out the panel, I didn't see any bulbs that I was familiar with. Is there something I'm missing? Does the instrument panel disassemble and the bulbs are inside? Or does the whole panel have to be replaced? Anyone have any experience with this issue?

·
Registered
5,088 Posts
They appear to be LED's.
This is from the RW420 manual.
It may not be exact to yours, I counted 12 different clocks in the parts list.
I guess it depends on vehicle spec..

·
Registered
1 Posts
I know this is an old post, I just bought a SX4 and had a problem with a tire and asked them to check it and I think they pulled the light from the TPMS on the dash. Does anybody know how to remove the instrument panel?

·
Registered
28 Posts
I know this is an old post, I just bought a SX4 and had a problem with a tire and asked them to check it and I think they pulled the light from the TPMS on the dash. Does anybody know how to remove the instrument panel?
Yes the instrument panel can be removed easily. The bulbs however are LEDs and are not easily removed. I doubt they went through the trouble of taking apart your dash to mess with covering/removing the TPMS light.

1. Start by pulling the silver trim pieces from the dash off. Start at the bottom and gently pull it straight out. Try to pull them off evenly to avoid breaking it.

2. After the trim pieces are removed you will see four screws holding the radio in. Remove those four screws.

3. Pull the radio out enough to access the two screws holding the center dash section in place. Remove the two screws pictured below.

4. Now you will be able to pull the whole center dash section out towards the rear of the vehicle. The movement of this section will be limited as the hazard light connector does not have much slack. Disconnect the emergency flasher to completely remove the center dash section. This can be a bit of a pain because there is not much room to work.

5. The whole driver's side plastic panel will now pull out.

6. After the panel is removed there are two screws and two tabs holding the gauges in place. Remove these and disconnect the wires. The instrument panel can now be removed.

You can completely disassemble the instrument panel if you want to look at the bulbs behind the panel.

I used electrical tape to get rid of my TPMS and airbag lights. The TPMS LED location you are after is pictured below under the upper most piece of electrical tape.

·
Registered
23 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
So I took the instrument cluster out to check the bulb for the cel. I guess the previous owner decided to remove it because there is no bulb in that slot. Unfortunately, after putting the instrument cluster back in, now the tachometer isn't working. I did removed the needle to the tachometer so I could pull back the overlay and check the bulbs. I don't know if that had anything to do with it or not. Anyone know anything about this?

1 - 7 of 7 Posts