Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
494 Posts
use either a panel popper ($6 at my local autozone) or a flat head screw driver witha gentle touch.

first lay on your back on both sides of the car in the front. Look up into the center console witha flash light. you will see two cables (one on each side) that are black and about 18inches long coming from the heater controls to some levers and stuff in the duct work for the HVAC system. disconnect these (they pop off by hand but are kinda a pain in the ass to get back on).

Then go to the silver panel surrounding the radio. insert the screw driver carefulling into the seam where the silver panel meets the rest of the car. move the screw driver around the outside of the panel popping off all the little clips holding the panel on.

when youve gone all the way around the panel will be resting about an inch or two away from where it was. This will allow you to unplug all the little cables attached to it (ie the hazard switch, the HVAC controls, and anything else). Then the whole panel should lovingly come away from the car (with those two long cables)

then you'll be looking at the radio and you'll see the four bolts that are holding it on. undo the bolts and the radio slides out. unplug the cable at the back and voila you're done.

If i missed anything feel free to put it in.

·
Registered
494 Posts
it's not that bad. I can do all that in about ten minutes now cuz ive done it so often. If you do decide to let the pros do it make sure you mention the heater cables. Theres one on each side and you can wreck the heater controls pretty easy. Also when you pick the car up check that they reconnected them properly.

·
Registered
27 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
true cause its brand new lol the hardest part seems like it would be taking the dash out

1 - 6 of 6 Posts