Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
That's what I'm planning to do tomorrow.

The car already has key-operated C/L but I want remote activation so I've bought one of these and am planning to install it tomorrow.

What that listing doesn't show is that the remote units contain a flip-out key blank, and it's the right shape for the Jimny! :)

I've found a manual, and more importantly, a wiring diagram. Looking at that it seems pretty trivial to fit this unit...

Wish me luck. :eek:

·
Registered
8 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Just in case anyone was following this, the reason it didn't go well was twofold.

Firstly, the wiring didn't look like what I saw in the manual.

Secondly, and much more significantly, as I was figuring it out I noticed that someone had been in there already:

Further investigation revealed this:

A laserline alarm system, which was tied in to the central locking.

Now there was an alarm fob with the car when I bought it, but I was told it didn't work.

I figured it would probably be easier to figure out why not and sort that out, rather than try to fit my new controller.

So I tried it, and it works perfectly. :rolleyes:

So I have remote central locking and an alarm. :cool:

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
The BigJimny forum has a guide to fitting remote central locking to a Jimny, it may be in the main technical pages but its certainly in a forum thread.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Central door locking Jimny 2001

I build just one in my Jimny 2001.
You have to find the door lock controle, it has 5 wires, you only requir 4 of them. The white (Positief), black (Negetive), Red and Green (door motor).
Mine Jimny has no Positive or Negative Pulse.
It has a Motor / switch pulse.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts