Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I am interested in getting fog lights installed on my XL7. I know that I need to purchase the kit from the dealer because they are special made parts, but of course the dealer wants about $170.00 labor charges on top of the $215.95 for the kit.
Has anyone tried to install them yourself or do you know of anyone that has? I would appreciate any feedback you have.
Thanks,
Mel

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have installed the fog lights in my 2003 XL7. It was fairly easy to do. The kit comes with the factory switch, relay, 2 fog lights with trim rings that can be painted to match the color of the vehicle if desired and instructions. The switch and relay are the easiest to do. You simply pull out the blank near the dimmer control and there is a connector there that plugs into the switch you pull out the blank and replace it with the switch. Under the hood you find the main fuse box and insert the relay in the proper position. Then just cut out the recessed area in the bumpers to fit the fog lights in (do not cut this flush to the edge but rather right in between as to leave enough plastic for the rings to grab onto). Remove the wheel well liner plugs to allow your hand to fit inside to screw the lights into the bumper from behind (you do this by inserting your arm into the space you'll open in front of each front tire). Once the lights are mounted find the fog light wire harness which is already installed and just laying behind each headlamp. You'll have to untape them and feed the wire down to the lights. Tie wrap the wires to neaten the job put the wheel well liner back in place and your done. Took about an hour to complete.

Good luck!

·
Registered
7 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thanks so much for the info. I'll show it to my brother - he's my 'unofficial' mechanic. Hopefully, I can talk him into tackling it. :)
Mel

·
Registered
2 Posts
thanks, i just got a new xl7 and I am waiting for them to ship me the fog lights as they had none in stock. You have answered the questions I had about installing them. I think it will now be a breeze. thanks again. :D

1 - 4 of 4 Posts