Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey guys, this is my first post!!! anyway.....Im going to be installing a single DIN head unit in my 06 forenza this weekend (yes ive got the dashkit and correct harness)....Can you guys that have done it yourselves share some info or tips as far as getting the dash trim up w/o breaking anything and is removing the glove box necessary? I read a "how to" on the 06 forenza and it instructed you to remove the glove box in order to upclip the temp controller wire....on the passengers side and to unclip the airflow level selector wire from the drivers side BEFORE taking the trim piece off....whats with that? Is it necessary? THANKS!!!!!!:D

·
Registered
65 Posts
On my 06 Reno, I pulled out the glovebox because if the temp controller wire wasnt unclipped, then the trim wouldnt be able to come out all the way. Anyweys, its pretty easy if youve got all the proper tools, the trim (held in by small metal brackets) will just pop out with a Flathead screwdriver *Ive got a picture of my head unit installed if you wanna check it out

·
Registered
32 Posts
TOTALLY NESCESSARY!!!!
dont be a fool and try and ave yourself like ten min. and contorting yourself into wierd positions, its really worth it to not spend upwards of ane hundred bucks for two pieces of CABLE!!!

...i learnded this the hard way...

1 - 4 of 4 Posts