Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Does anybody have the Parrot MKi9100 bluetooth kit installed in their GV? I'm looking at getting, after having a quick skim through the installation instructions, it seems as if I could install it as an inline input or ISO connector.

The ISO connector method seems like it only taps into the speakers whereas the inline connector takes control of the whole headunit?

On the back of the OEM GV 2006 headunit, is there an option for this said input?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Unfortunately, there isnt ISO connections on the unit and there isnt an easily accessible input (for the "inline input").

The ISO option "breaks" the speaker outputs from the head-unit, and inserts its own audio (calls or bluetooth audio) to the speakers. The inline input option utilizes the head-units phone mute and phone inputs, if available.

If you are located in Australia, Aerpro do a "T harness" kit which makes installing the parrot kit plug and play via the ISO connectors:

CT10SZ01 T harness suzuki | Aerpro Vehicle Specific

This should be available to order at most aftermarket part shops (like Supercheap or Autobarn)

All you will need to do is mount the screen, remote control and microphone, then route all the wiring back the to parrot module. Theres plenty of room behind the stereo / AC controls for the module.

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Oh fantastic, yeah I'm in Australia :)

How about the Parrot Unika, I coudln't find that information on with the steering wheel controls. Do you know you anything about that?

I'm kinda leaning more towards the Parrot Asteroid Smart in dash unit atm.

·
Registered
125 Posts
Sorry i dont have any experience with the Unika kit, although i have fitted the Parrot Asteriod to several cars (not the GV) and wasnt very impressed to be honest. Hard to use compared to a normal head-unit and in my opinion wont look that hot in the GV's dash. Best to go a double DIN sized unit and use a facia kit (also available from Aerpro).

·
Registered
80 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I was just thinking that, going down the route of a proper headunit would be nicer, but I'm just concerned about the steering wheel controls.

A little bit of reading shows that there's universal interfaces that connect the aftermarket headunits to the steering wheel controls, how exactly does that work?

I suppose just a control unit that plugs into the steering wheel control connector and runs to the new radio?

·
Registered
125 Posts
Steering wheel controls can easily be adapted to suit most aftermarket head-units. There are two options:

1. Pre-programmed module with ISO connections for the head-unit. Just plug it all together and it should work straight away.

2. Universal module. Requires you to find the SWC wires in the loom, connect them to the module, then program each button using the modules LED.

As you can imagine, the first option is better for those without much knowledge of vehicle electronics. Also, the SWC control wires are seldom in their own plug, usually they are amongst the power and speaker wires in the main plug and are not easy to test for.

Here are the parts you'll require if wanting to fit a double DIN head-unit:

Fascia Kit:
FP957953 Suzuki grand vitara 2006 d/din | Aerpro Vehicle Specific

SWC harness and module:
CHSZ3A Control harness a for suzuki | Aerpro Vehicle Specific

As you can see, this harness terminates to ISO connectors, perfect for plugging in your new head-unit. You will also need the brand head-unit to ISO harness, and a brand-specific patch loom for the SWC to work. For everything minus the actual head-unit, you would be looking at around $170-$200.

·
Registered
125 Posts
1 - 8 of 8 Posts