Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
In the process of installing a calimini 3.5 lift. All was well untill I got started. I did not know when I welded brackets onto the front frame where the front towers attached. I have modified the Towers and plan to weld them in place. The springs, shocks and bump stops are in place now. After installing the shocks and the bump stops. I noticed the shocks were very close the the bump stops. On the Left there is 2/8 clearance, on Right 1/2. I am concerned they might strike durring articulation.
Any feed back would be appreciated. I recieved two set of instructions. One mentioned an off set in the bump stop, I have enoticed none. How much clearance is necessary ?

Thanks BWS

·
Premium Member
1,862 Posts
A grinder can be your best friend here, but if it looks like you may have to take off more than a 1/4" of material then you may want to rethink the original position of the bracket. To find out clearances, it just takes a ditch and about 30 minutes.

-Remove the shocks.
-Drive into a ditch at an angle while in 4wd.
-Balance the vehicle so that you have a front tire and the opposite rear tire -almost- off the ground.
-this should show you max droop and max 'stuff' for both the front and the rear.
-apply the e-brake, leave the vehicle in gear and shut off the motor. This should hold the vehicle in place while you look underneath and take measurements.

This is also a great way to find out just how long/short you need when you are measuring for shocks. I would do this after every suspension change...

·
Registered
13 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thank you

Thanks for your information. I did call Calmini this am and they say there is should be plenty of room between the shock and the bumper extension. Thanks BWS

1 - 4 of 4 Posts