Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi All

I have a Suzuki Carry Van and I want to install a large display fridge running on mains voltage (UK 240v).

I'm intending to install a volt sensitive relay, a leisure battery going to a voltage inverter powering the refrigerator.

I have attached a diagram of what I'm intending to install, if anyone has experience with this sort of thing could you take a look and let me know if the plan looks feasible.

Also does anyone know if the alternator on a Suzuki Carry is sufficient to charge and maintain a battery powering a full sized refrigerator?

Many thanks

-joe :)

·
Super Moderator
12,180 Posts
You would probably be better off with a gasolene generator powering the fridge.

Start by determining the power consumption of the fridge - both start & running current draws - without that you're just guessing. Next, ensure that your inverter can run the fridge - inverters, as a general rule, do not handle inductive loads well, and your fridge is likely to have a significant "start-up" current draw.

Once you know the running current, we can maybe guesstimate the duty cycle, which will determine whether the alternator can handle the load, which I doubt.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts