Suzuki Forums banner

Installed aftermarket tachometer

20K views 9 replies 6 participants last post by  SuzukiPilot 
#1 ·
See less See more
#4 ·
The center blank for the stock clock is just a gaping hole right now. I had a 4 inch diameter clock that was in that hole, but I bought a stock 3 inch clock and put it in one of the two center vent holes. I have a kill switch in the other one, but now that my battery drain issue has been resolved, i never use the kill switch anymore. I'd like to put something usefull in there. So if I put the tach in the kill switch vent hole, I'll just have the big center cutout to fill with something. Maybe I'll put a hamster ball in there.

#6 · (Edited)
The NEWER dash with square vents can have a tach too.

SunPro 2 5/8" tach, in 2.5" hole. It's held in place using clear RTV on back of tach flange before insertion into dash.
Tip: Add a dab of RTV to the 4/6/8 cylinder switch (on the back) to hold it in position. It's easy enough to peel off and change, if you get a V8.

Edit: I connected the tach sense signal wire to the Br/W wire on the coil.

#10 ·
Going from memory I think there are 4 wires. One goes to the coil, one to ground, one to switched power, and another for the light. The light wire should go to the same wire that powers the dash lights if you want it to dim with the dash when you turn the dimmer knob. I had a hard time finding that wire so I just hooked up the light wire to a switched power source. It works fine for me as at full brightness it is not any brighter than what I normally have my dash set at.

This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.