Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I try installing a reg pioneer cd player I first started with jus hooking up red, yellow, black wires and it cd player powered on when I turned key but I didnt have wires covered and before I could get turned back off the bare wires touched and I thought it blowed a fuse but I have checked all fuses under hood and I put a tester on the red power wire and am getting power to it..I have reconnected qll the wires color to color and there is a orange wire left and not sure if thats important..I even went and bought a new cd player cause didnt know if I had done something to it but its not working either..I hope someone could please help me Ive only put in a couple of players before and dont know much about wiring...thanks in advance

·
Registered
149 Posts
The instrument panel fuse block is on the end of the instrument panel on the driver's side. There is a small door that you pull out. Check the 15A Radio fuse, as it is most likely burnt out. Be sure to replace it with the same rated fuse.

I'm going off of memory, here, so double check the CD player's wiring diagram in the manual, or sometimes on the CD player itself.
The red wire should have power only when you turn the key.
The yellow wire should have power at all times (for clock and preset memory, etc.).
The orange wire supplies voltage when you turn the CD player on, for remotely powering an external amplifier, for instance. You can just tape that one up, you do not need it for regular operation.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
The instrument panel fuse block is on the end of the instrument panel on the driver's side. There is a small door that you pull out. Check the 15A Radio fuse, as it is most likely burnt out. Be sure to replace it with the same rated fuse.

I'm going off of memory, here, so double check the CD player's wiring diagram in the manual, or sometimes on the CD player itself.
The red wire should have power only when you turn the key.
The yellow wire should have power at all times (for clock and preset memory, etc.).
The orange wire supplies voltage when you turn the CD player on, for remotely powering an external amplifier, for instance. You can just tape that one up, you do not need it for regular operation.
Thanks soo much..thats probably what it is I been outside trying to find the insrument panel box to find the fuse under driver side but I couldnt find it but it is dark and trying use flashlight so maybe I can find it tomorrow. .would I still get power on the red wire with this fuse blowed..thank u again much needed help

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Thanks soo much..thats probably what it is I been outside trying to find the insrument panel box to find the fuse under driver side but I couldnt find it but it is dark and trying use flashlight so maybe I can find it tomorrow. .would I still get power on the red wire with this fuse blowed..thank u again much needed help
I found it that was it!!! Thanks soo much workin good

1 - 5 of 5 Posts