Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 9 of 9 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi,
I'm from France and I'm new in this forum, so you can tell me if I do not act the right way. In addition, I may make mistakes in English, but I hope you will understand me.: Rolleyes:
So, I just buy a Subwoofer for my Grand vitara (3 doors) of 2006, and i would like to know where to route the power cable of the Subwoofer. This is the cable that runs from the positive terminal of the battery to the Subwoofer. I know where to go to do it all through the cabin but I don't know where to go to get the cabin to the engine compartment to reach the battery.
I already do more research on the internet but to no avail. I know this is feasible since many people did but they do not explain how. Maybe you have photos or other things like that.
I find out about this forum because it looks pretty full and people do not yell at them to (I do not know if you say it like that :puzzled:), which is pretty cool!:) For information, my subwoofer is a Infinity Basslink.
Thanks a lot ! :)
Don't hesitate if you want more information!

·
Registered
17 Posts
Good question, have you checked under the dash; behind the center console that is?
This may differ between years and models, I have a 2013 and I noticed several places inside and under the dash and behind the glove box (approximately) I believe where other cables already go thru the firewall. You could check in the engine compartment and follow the wires that seem to go towards the firewall/into the car and check on the other side if you see them coming thru there; you may need to dismantle some panels.. but you're probably used to it by now :p

Also, welcome the forum! :)

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Thank you, I will seek a passage behind the glove box or side. I'll let you know if I can. I might put a bit of time because I'm in exam period right now so I'm looking for free time :)
Thank you for the response was very fast :)
And if others have advice, I'm always interested!

·
Registered
46 Posts
[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I,m not sure if our 3 door are the same. Mine is a 2.4L and 2011 model.
But i'm thinking there shouldn't be too much different than each other.
There is a grey grommet just to the side under the battery.
It looks like it can't take much, but it can.
I have a stinger 0 gauge wire, CB wire and 5, 12 gauge wires going through it with the original wires.

When you earth your subwoofer amp, be sure not to wire to body of the car in the rear. Its all glued together. Poor earth results in blown amp.
Take time to put negative wire close to front seats.

Oh yeah, use silicone spray to ease wire through.

·
Registered
78 Posts
Where did you get that awesome antenna bracket!

Love the battery. But more importantly, where did you get that awesome antenna bracket? Is it custom work?

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

[/URL][/IMG]

I,m not sure if our 3 door are the same. Mine is a 2.4L and 2011 model.
But i'm thinking there shouldn't be too much different than each other.
There is a grey grommet just to the side under the battery.
It looks like it can't take much, but it can.
I have a stinger 0 gauge wire, CB wire and 5, 12 gauge wires going through it with the original wires.

When you earth your subwoofer amp, be sure not to wire to body of the car in the rear. Its all glued together. Poor earth results in blown amp.
Take time to put negative wire close to front seats.

Oh yeah, use silicone spray to ease wire through.

·
Registered
46 Posts
Love the battery. But more importantly, where did you get that awesome antenna bracket? Is it custom work?
Yes it is custom work. I found the backets you can buy here being to flimsy.
Its 5mm stainless steel. Overkill? It doesn't move and last a lifetime.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #7 ·
My battery in my GV is not located in the same place. It is located on the passenger side, so unlike you. But I find for passing the thread behind the battery piece of rubber. Thank you :)

·
Registered
271 Posts
My battery in my GV is not located in the same place. It is located on the passenger side, so unlike you. But I find for passing the thread behind the battery piece of rubber. Thank you :)
A little funny this. Both are on the passenger side, 1 RH drive, the other LH drive

1 - 9 of 9 Posts