Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 19 of 19 Posts

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Im sure you've all heard of Injen.. I think they make some of the best cold air intakes/exhaust out... Either that or skunk 2.. why dont we all get a list of our names down saying we would be interested if they made these products for our car and get them to maybe consider?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Why not go with the BMS intake?

They honestly couldn't have put any more thought/engineering into it and I bet it's better for performance than if Injen made them for our car. Companys like Injen just make products based on experiance of what works best...but probably don't bother testing them much if at all unless it's in a competitive market like honda civics.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
Why not go with the BMS intake?

They honestly couldn't have put any more thought/engineering into it and I bet it's better for performance than if Injen made them for our car. Companys like Injen just make products based on experiance of what works best...but probably don't bother testing them much if at all unless it's in a competitive market like honda civics.
\

Well I no longer see the BMS intake on their site, and Injen was posting as high as 12 hp gains on some cars rather then five, as well as K&N, for about the same price as BMS intake, not for our car but still, five hp? I know you'd notice the difference but why is it that allot of other cars can slap on CAI and get higher gains?

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
\

Well I no longer see the BMS intake on their site, and Injen was posting as high as 12 hp gains on some cars rather then five, as well as K&N, for about the same price as BMS intake, not for our car but still, five hp? I know you'd notice the difference but why is it that allot of other cars can slap on CAI and get higher gains?
Some of them also claim like 37hp on sports car, yeah right. How many times have you actually see dyno sheets for them? and of the few times you have, how many times did they have small print at the bottom that lets you know how they stretched the truth? Our car probably make more power from any CAI than most cars do from K&N or injen

You can and always will be able to get the BMS intake through me.

Anyone have the BMS intake dyno graph? I believe the 5hp is whp...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #7
Okay well how much would it be shipped out and do you only have blue or black as well? Id love to see the dyno.. Kinda off subject but maybe someone can help, when I bought my car the air bag light on the dash was on and stays on, but when i had them fugly chrom rims on for that week or two it stayed off now that my stock rims are on again, the light comes back on and stays on, kinda weird...

·
Registered
170 Posts
My light has come on as well... The manual says if the light stays on there is a malfunction with either the airbag or the airbag sensor... I would just as well take the entire thing out as I plan on putting in a different steering wheel...

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
I thought it was illegal to change your steering wheel if it came equiped with an airbag?

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #14
hmm well I dont know Im just going by word of mouth but Id rather hit my face on airbag then a sparco steering wheel :)

·
Registered
2,069 Posts
i don't think it's illegal. recall, some cars, many 90s cars, and even some new cars today don't even come with airbags. plus, in my track car (my integra), i have a sparco racing steering wheel, and that car still passes state inspection :eek:
I believe there is a federal law that been in effect since 2000 that all cars must have driver and passenger air bags and you can not remove them.

·
Registered
511 Posts
Discussion Starter #17
thats what I heard, I wouldnt do it any ways, looks cool and all but ya, safety first... So any word on that dyno yet?

1 - 19 of 19 Posts