Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 11 of 11 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Anybody else had problems with the Garmin infotainment unit on the S Cross. I have a white screen with a black dot and some black lines. Occasionally it will operate normally but usually when this happens the whole unit has reset itself and lost anything stored.

·
Registered
65 Posts
I have the same problem. White screen with intersecting lines to set up the position of the screen. But I can't get past this setup screen.

Maybe I need to reset the system. How to do that?

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter · #3 ·
Have had this problem for sometime on and off. Sadly you cannot rest it yourself. The local dealer has reset it numerous times. Now as the car is one year old, they have finally agreed to replace it. The only problem is that there is not a spare unit in the uk so it has to come from Japan. Goodness knows how long we will have to wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Radio problem

Have had this problem for sometime on and off. Sadly you cannot rest it yourself. The local dealer has reset it numerous times. Now as the car is one year old, they have finally agreed to replace it. The only problem is that there is not a spare unit in the uk so it has to come from Japan. Goodness knows how long we will have to wait.
Hi. I had the same problem (I'm living in France). They Replaced it and I had the same problem. They finally replaced it with a Clarion, but now I've lost all the voice commands. 2 years later (I bought the car in Dec, 2014), still not fully satisfied. Prepare for a long wait.

·
Registered
1 Posts
S4 S Cross Sat Nav

My car has been powering down locking up since 2014 as well, sometimes takes up to 8 hours with car switched off to recover!! Unit totally useless need to carry spare on screen sat nav all the time. I was asked to film the problem whilst driving to prove there was a problem. Eventually managed this and unit replaced. Told by dealer Suzuki say unheard of problem, another Dealer told me common fault that Susuki will not admit to. On third unit now still same problem have formally rejected car following an offer of £1000 to go fix myself. Following rejection they have now stated they wish to fit Clarion unit and I have refused. Outcome still awaited.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Infotainment

I have a 2013 and have almost the same issue. The dealer replaced it about a year ago. It started out with the calibration screen( white screen) and the went to were it would just come on for about 5 seconds and then go off.
Last week the replacement started to do the same thing. I have not notified the dealer yet but am planning on doing so later.

·
Registered
6 Posts
I have a 2013 and have almost the same issue. The dealer replaced it about a year ago. It started out with the calibration screen( white screen) and the went to were it would just come on for about 5 seconds and then go off.
Last week the replacement started to do the same thing. I have not notified the dealer yet but am planning on doing so later.
I am thinking the white screen may have to do with a power serge or a faulty voltage regulator. Do a scan to see if there are any error codes on your veh. related to voltage problems. My nav. is out after a white screen. Unit cannot read map data. Rest of unit working well. Mine is a Kenwood Garmin partnership model. 2013 Kizashi.

·
Registered
1 Posts
I have had ours for four years, the unit has lost all power, fuses are good and all cables/connections were secure. I`ve been told that the unit has died. Not happy since the vehicle is just under 4yrs old.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had this problem and phoned our Suzuki dealer. He advised that it was trying to re-callibrate and that if you keep putting your finger on the dots it will eventually work. We did that and after about 12 to 15 tries it worked! Hopefully it will continue to work and this will help someone else too.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Does anyone know how to access the calibration screen? A portion of my display is very out of sync, about a centimetre, so I have to press well below where I want the input to register.

·
Registered
1 Posts
We had this problem and phoned our Suzuki dealer. He advised that it was trying to re-callibrate and that if you keep putting your finger on the dots it will eventually work. We did that and after about 12 to 15 tries it worked! Hopefully it will continue to work and this will help someone else too.
I have a Suzuki swift and although tedious it really is just keep pressing the dots over and over and it will eventually re-callibrate

1 - 11 of 11 Posts