Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 4 of 4 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I am looking for inexpensive wheels for snowtires that will fit a 2001 xl-7. I ordered u.s. wheels steel rims for $40 from summit racing that hit the front brakes and will not work (16" x 7", 5 x 139.7 bolt pattern, 4.28" centerbore. 0mm offset). Thanks

·
Registered
66 Posts
Thanks for the input :thumbsup: , I too am looking for some mags for my 2001 XL-7 and won't be ordering them from summit racing :eek:

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Summit racing was not at any fault at all. I never asked summit if they would fit. I knew just enough information to be dangerous (I.E. the bolt pattern, the wheel size, the centerbore and the offset). I order wheels hoping they might fit. They did not accomodate the caliper. Suzuki front wheels are challenging: the caliper is tough to avoid. Tire Rack has rims that will fit, but I do not want to spend $129 per rim (I am thrifty from the word go. My Suzuki was a radio delete model I bought new in 2001. My brother, who worked for GM at the time, laughed his arse off that there were any manufacturers out there that would still offer a car without a radio). I am very happy with the car so far (70K). The wife uses it for hauling kids and I use it to tow my 2-place enclosed snowmobile trailer. The only minor issue I have with it is it likes oil. I use about a quart per thousand miles since new (never a spot on the driveway), but other than that no issues. I am sure that Summit will be cool about returning the wheels. If I find any inexpensive wheels I will post it on this forum.

1 - 4 of 4 Posts