Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
i have a 51 plate suzukie jimny and it will not start :(. When you put the key in the imobiliser light just flashes and the engine will not start. Anyone know how to ressolve this problem please.
thanks

·
Registered
24 Posts
if mine is locked with the immobilizer then no key will start it till the immobilized is used, the fob with a button on it is the unit!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3 (Edited)
imobiliser lights

i dont have a key fob to open the door its just the key we use to open it.someone said it could be due to the ecu unit or something like that, but still no joy and it will not start

·
Registered
24 Posts
the flashing light sequence will possibly tell the problem,,, ie,,, long ,long short , short .long etc read this code and refer to the manual or post the sequence here ...
Bill

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Its a bit unusual for the immobiliser to have a problem, have you jump started it? As I understand there are two systems on the Jimny, dependant on model. If you have the 6-pin connector behind the glovebox then you should be able to bridge the contacts and read the codes from the Check Engine Light. Otherwise I think that you need to find the diagnostic connector from the immobiliser itself and then count the flashes on the immobiliser warning light.

Suzuki Diagnostics

Also try this forum:

www.jimny.se - a site made for Suzuki Jimny and it's owners only

1 - 6 of 6 Posts