Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 17 of 17 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, I live in the UK and so with winter approaching, and having just bought the car it seems sensible that I join a dedicated forum like this! (y)
I've only driven the car for about 250 miles locally so far and have yet to drive it on the motorway, but so far it seems to drive well around town without any problems.

I do have a couple of issues which I'm sure are easily fixed.
1st is the interior courtesy light which for some reason stopped working. I checked the bullet bulb which appears okay but I haven't yet been able to locate the correct fuse under the drivers side dashboard... I struggle working upside down! :rolleyes:
2nd issue will be to diagnose and fix the Check Engine Light using the OBD2 port. It came on 3 days ago and its a solid amber light indicating fault but not serious. I've just ordered a Diagnostic Scanner off ebay which should help me nail the problem down.

The car came with full 3 month warranty so it's no big deal whatever the problem.

·
Registered
37 Posts
If it's got 3 mths warranty spend time and go through it completely to make sure everything warrantable is located/identified and fixed....3 mths goes quick.
2nd hand dealers are renown for saying "sure everything works, trust me"

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Get it back to the dealer to find out what the code is, if its fuel ir misfire related you can melt a cat faster than you think

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
I'll do a full diagnosis before contacting the dealer as there may be further uncleared issues. I'm just hoping it isn't fuel related - E10 petrol

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
I'll do a full diagnosis before contacting the dealer as there may be further uncleared issues. I'm just hoping it isn't fuel related - E10 petrol
It will be in the owners manual if it can handle E10

·
Administrator
16,665 Posts
I might be wrong but I don't think E10 was a thing back in 2007
The owner's manual for a USA market 2000 Grand Vitara contains the following statement ...
Blends of unleaded gasoline and ethanol (grain alcohol), also known as gasohol, may be used in your vehicle if the ethanol content is not greater than 10%

Reactions: ruggedtank

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
I might be wrong but I don't think E10 was a thing back in 2007
It sure was. Been around since 1973 ish depending on country. Some have had it earlier but not as a common fuel

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
As high as 10% ?
As a bit of trivia, Thailand replaced their 91 octane with E10 in 2013, started introducing it in 2007
Australia started 2003
USA started really promoting it around the 1973 oil crisis but had been manufacturing it long before that. E15 for vehicles 2001 onwards

Reactions: ruggedtank

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter · #16 ·
As a bit of trivia, Thailand replaced their 91 octane with E10 in 2013, started introducing it in 2007
Australia started 2003
USA started really promoting it around the 1973 oil crisis but had been manufacturing it long before that. E15 for vehicles 2001 onwards
I didn't know that thanks for the info.
I'll have to check my manual, but I read somewhere that Suzuki recommends no higher than E5 and that higher alcohol mixes may cause problems.

·
Registered
10,410 Posts
Check your handbook, different market rules may apply.

1 - 17 of 17 Posts