Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Alright, so I have had this Samurai for about two weeks. It's a 1988 Samurai Hardtop and I bought it with 83,000 miles on it. Great buy right? So what do I do? I take it four wheeling.

Ever since, it has been flooding. I have taken off the Carburetor and rebuilt it. Adjust the float to the proper settings per the rebuild kit instructions and the Samurai Factory Shop Manual that has been floating around on the internet.

The sight glass reports that it is still flooding. So I reduced the gap between the float the carburetor by 2mm (so it's now at 6mm like on the suzuki sprint.) And it still floods.

Any ideas? I mean is the problem even in the Carburetor or could it be from somewhere else.

·
Registered
12 Posts
Take the bowel off, apply fuel under light pressure and had raise the float and make sure the needle is seating properly and stopping fuel flow. I haven't messed with a stock carb in years, I run twin 40mm DeLortos.

·
Registered
1 Posts
Carby Trouble

Choco bear, the problem sounds from your description to be the needle and seat is not sealing, the float is doing its job but the needle and seat me be damaged or worn. Very cheap repair. Let me know Regards Drover

1 - 3 of 3 Posts