Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and i'm very glad i found you all. I own a Chevy Optra which is the same as the Sizuki Forenza but the engines we have in the Philippines are a bit smaller. Our Forenza uses a 1.6L engine. I got the car for my wife and she absolutely loves it. It was running good for the first few months and then we encountered a problem. After washing the engine (which i do very regularly) one day my wife when to start the car and i wouldn't hold an idle any longer. I called up GM and informed them thinking i may have accidentally disconnected something and they towed the car to the dealership to fix it. Nothing was disconnected and they informed my wife that it happened due to water inside the throttle. Now, before this we owned a toyota corolla with a carborator and i new had any problem like this. I also own a Ford expedition and i clean the engine on that once a week. Never had any problems what so ever. Anyway, GM told us that we souldn't wash the engine to avoid this happening. THAT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT TO ME AL ALL!!!

I'm going to call GM autoworld in Manila to find out what the problem really is cuz i think the mechanics and chief mechanic in GM cebu doesn't have any idea what he is talking about.

I hope some of you have experienced this sort of problem and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.

·
Registered
3,805 Posts
Originally posted by cccullen@Jan 11 2005, 07:13 PM
Hello everyone! I'm new to this site and i'm very glad i found you all. I own a Chevy Optra which is the same as the Sizuki Forenza but the engines we have in the Philippines are a bit smaller. Our Forenza uses a 1.6L engine. I got the car for my wife and she absolutely loves it. It was running good for the first few months and then we encountered a problem. After washing the engine (which i do very regularly) one day my wife when to start the car and i wouldn't hold an idle any longer. I called up GM and informed them thinking i may have accidentally disconnected something and they towed the car to the dealership to fix it. Nothing was disconnected and they informed my wife that it happened due to water inside the throttle. Now, before this we owned a toyota corolla with a carborator and i new had any problem like this. I also own a Ford expedition and i clean the engine on that once a week. Never had any problems what so ever. Anyway, GM told us that we souldn't wash the engine to avoid this happening. THAT DOESN'T SEEM RIGHT TO ME AL ALL!!!

I'm going to call GM autoworld in Manila to find out what the problem really is cuz i think the mechanics and chief mechanic in GM cebu doesn't have any idea what he is talking about.

I hope some of you have experienced this sort of problem and any feedback would be greatly appreciated.
Once my dad had his engine bay cleaned out by a carwash place and they got water in the throttle, ended up costing him so much money. Sorry thats all i have to deal with.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts