Suzuki Forums banner

81 - 88 of 88 Posts

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #82
Man, I sure hope so. Stupid vehicle is running really good.
I have the fan out now, is there anyway to test it outside the vehicle? Hub seems tight, can spin with hand but doesn't continue spinning.

·
Registered
8,501 Posts
You dont seem to have tested the temp at the housing in/out.. Have seen that thermostat installed backwards several times, the normal flow on these engine is backwards,,, feeds the hot ware via the cab heater then to thermo...

Humour the old man.... LOL!

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #84
Yes Phil. Thermostat is in correctly. Even though I made sure I had good flow through the heater core and I can seem to idle all day in the garage with good cab heat and only overheat and lose cab heat on an actual test drive, my next test is to bypass core to see if it only clogs under load.
I'd much rather change a head gasket than take apart the dash though.

·
Registered
73 Posts
Yes Phil. Thermostat is in correctly. Even though I made sure I had good flow through the heater core and I can seem to idle all day in the garage with good cab heat and only overheat and lose cab heat on an actual test drive, my next test is to bypass core to see if it only clogs under load.
I'd much rather change a head gasket than take apart the dash though.
Read the entire thread, Did I miss a part where you CONFIRMED that it's not a head gasket? Did you use a 'funnell fill' when adding coolant? And you ran it for a while to completely purge the Air. I have a 2.3 in a Sport and idling, even with it on ramps to get the front up it still held air. I had to run it for a while at 2500rpms and then the bubbles FINALLY came out. Idling, even on ramps won't purge the air. Reading this and all you have checked, and not 100% ruling out the head gasket with a hydrocarbon test is putting you where you are now. frustrated.

·
Registered
257 Posts
GMJoe, did you ever figure this out?

·
Registered
89 Posts
Discussion Starter #88
Waiting for a clutch fan. I bypassed the heater core to rule it out or not. Not putting old fan back in because I can stop it with my finger while engine is idling.
Tired of driving daughter to work and no doubt, so is she.

81 - 88 of 88 Posts