Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey everybody,

As title says, I've already ordered my car (alpha CVT AT 2019), and right after I booked it I heard suzuki is selling thier bolano cards Toyota through merger. Now I'm worried if support and parts for my car in the future will be uncertain if my car is now sold by Toyota instead.

The whole reason I went with maruthi suzuki is the amount of service points everywhere and the availability of parts and convenience. I've hardly seen any Toyota service points in bangalore, even if I've seen I've seen 10 maruthi suzuki showrooms for every 1 Toyota showrooms.

Should I be worried?

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
This is a question that you should direct to Maruti/Suzuki - the Suzuki forum is an online community of Suzuki owners/enthusiasts who have no formal relationship with Suzuki motors, and no knowledge of what Suzuki plans to do in the future.

Having made that clear, I'd say you have nothing to worry about - I don't see this as a "merger" perse, but more of a joint venture, which is fairly common amongst automotive manufacturers, some are short lived, some last for decades - Toyota will be rebadging the Baleno as a Galanza, in pretty much the same fashion as GM rebadged the Swift as a Metro, or the Vitara as a Sidekick.

I see no reason to worry about Maruti/Suzuki closing dealerships, if anything the deal should result in increased vehicle sales, which translates into a need for more service.

Of course, the above is nothing more than a personal opinion, based on what I've seen happen before and in other countries.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Hey everybody,

As title says, I've already ordered my car (alpha CVT AT 2019), and right after I booked it I heard suzuki is selling thier bolano cards Toyota through merger. Now I'm worried if support and parts for my car in the future will be uncertain if my car is now sold by Toyota instead.

The whole reason I went with maruthi suzuki is the amount of service points everywhere and the availability of parts and convenience. I've hardly seen any Toyota service points in bangalore, even if I've seen I've seen 10 maruthi suzuki showrooms for every 1 Toyota showrooms.

Should I be worried?

my issue has been solved!!

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hey everybody,

Should I be worried?
My issue is still not resolved.

·
Registered
4,507 Posts

·
Super Moderator
12,185 Posts
Regarding service and spare parts of my car.
You need to provide details - for example what car do you have, what type of service are you looking for, what spares you need.

If your concern is the Toyota/Suzuki "co-operation", I would say it's nothing to bet anxious about, this sort of thing happens all the time, Suzuki vehicles have been sold as Geo, Chevrolet, Mazda, Bedford, they have also had relationships with Fiat & VW.

1 - 8 of 8 Posts