Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
93 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
When doing timing belt, ignition timing and valve adjustment, should I do the belt and valves then close everything up and then do ignition timing? Also do you have to pull off crank and cam to do front oil seals?

·
Registered
16 Posts
When doing timing belt, ignition timing and valve adjustment, should I do the belt and valves then close everything up and then do ignition timing? Also do you have to pull off crank and cam to do front oil seals?
Aloha brudda. Just did this yesterday myself. You should also do the water pump at the same time. Yes the crank needs to come off to do the front crank main seal. 17mm bolt. Make sure you use locktight and torque it back down to 94flbs. I did t do the can one so can't help you with that. Shouldn't be hard. Make some marks with some white out before removing your old belt. Make them on the crank and the cam. Lossen all your rockers fully to take all tension off of the canlobes/belt. Put on the new belt and tensioner. The bolts for tthe tensioner and adjusting bolt should be hand right Rotate the crank two complete turns. Then tighten the tensioner belt to I think 26flbs. Then the tensioner adjuster to about 10flbs. After that find tdc and start adjusting your valves to .006 for both the exhaust and intake. This is just a quick write up so look for detailed instructions. Just google it. Good luck. Wasn't very hard.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts