Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I noticed this just recently that when turning on the ignition for my zuki it just makes a ticking sound and then all power is lost and the engine not starting at all.

When I fixed/move side to side the battery connection it could now start.

But after running my ride on many short trips. Again, the same thing happens. It wont start again and after fixing the battery connection it would again start.

Ive done these 4times already and I need to fix this problem.

Any advise or if you have encountered this problem on you carry-van will help me a lot.

·
Registered
10 Posts
The basic thing is you probably need to replace your battery..Check first the specific gravity of the battery fluid on each cell using the hydrometer.

·
Registered
11 Posts
I noticed this just recently that when turning on the ignition for my zuki it just makes a ticking sound and then all power is lost and the engine not starting at all.

When I fixed/move side to side the battery connection it could now start.

But after running my ride on many short trips. Again, the same thing happens. It wont start again and after fixing the battery connection it would again start.

Ive done these 4times already and I need to fix this problem.

Any advise or if you have encountered this problem on you carry-van will help me a lot.
Sir,
Pls check the contact between the battery terminal and the wire terminals, there are probably dirtand/or insulating substance w/c could cut the connection between them. If you notice the white substance forming on them, have them cleaned and you will see.

·
Registered
16 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I checked for any white substance in the terminals but there are none. I only noticed the dust accumulated in them. By the way, my battery(non-maintenance free) is about 1 and a half year old, is it the usual age to replace them?

I'll try to clean them thoroughly tomorrow, Is there any particular liquid to appl;y on them so that it would have a good contact?

·
Registered
11 Posts
The best way to keep your terminals clean and have good contact is to remove the terminals and wash them with plenty of water untill they are clean. Dry them then put any kind of grease (even used grease) on the terminals then re-attach them. Wipe off the excess grease and you should never have any problems with them again.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts