Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
445 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
FIDAC, it looks like you have stumped the forum. Can't believe no one has done one.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks for your attempt at assistance. I saw that video. It sort of answers the automatic vs. standard trans question, but not how to remove the lock cylinder tumbler. I have a new complete switch, but thought I could save some effort by simply replacing the old tumbler with the one in the new complete switch, but cannot figure out how to extract the lock cylinders from the switches. I can't believe that this is such an unusual issue.

·
Super Moderator
23,574 Posts
Sadly, it appears to be impossible at the moment to search the forum and get to past threads or videos. I’ve never removed my ignition switch - hopefully someone who sees this has - but in searching on the internet, found this: https://www.answers.com/Q/How_do_you_replace_ignition_switch_92_Geo_Tracker. Note that any google search on the internet that brings up the Suzuki forum will lead you to a dead link. There are a couple of videos on the internet, but I don’t know if they’ll be helpful. :(

·
Registered
822 Posts
IIRC from last I had the steering column covers off, The lock tumbler itself is held in place by a couple of punch pins. A proper sized punch & light hammer should be all you need.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Thanks Guys (& Gals) - I was able to locate a correct COMPLETE used ignition switch on Ebay which I will now install. No need to change lock cylinders. FYI I plan to replace the breakaway safety bolts with 8X125 allen cap screws. Not that I'll ever have to do this again, but only I know where this steal-able car is !

1 - 6 of 6 Posts