Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
I've come on here pretty frequently recently and have been able to find the answers and solutions I've needed so when I finally got stuck in my current rut I figured I'd post here.

I've done hours and hours of searching the web for the solution to my current situation. But to make a long story short I am now looking for an ignition power source to tap into for the relay for my new fuel pump. I've read that it is not wise to tap into the coil, and I've read of finding alternate ignition feeds, but I am slightly lost at this point. Obviously the requirement is that when I turn the car on, the fuel pump turns on and stays on until I turn the car off. I also am wondering how I tap into an ignition feed and wire it to the relay?

She's a 1987 Suzuki Samurai, and I am in the process of installing a 32/36 Weber carb with and echoke, a weber fuel pump, and a weber fuel pressure regulator.

·
Registered
1,230 Posts
well if you're taking off the stock carb, you can use one of the electrical connectors that is no longer in use. Some of them are hot with the ignition switch on. . I can't remember which of the connecters I tapped into, but one of those un-used carburetor connectors is hot with the ignition and I just used a spade crimp on the wire and slid it into the slot. Get a meter and start testing them with the ignition in the on position. Then turn the ignition off and see which ones still have +12v and which ones went out.

·
Registered
76 Posts
I have a 93 Samurai and I found a plug in the middle of the firewall that is on when the ign is on, its a round female bullet type plug above the coil on the firewall, I wired my seat heaters in this plug.

May be the same as your 87... maybe not

1 - 3 of 3 Posts