1 - 20 of 29 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts

·
Registered
542 Posts
The article says:

The upgrades have been applied to series-production Allgrip four-wheel drive models since the end of 2017 and are available as a retrofit for owners of older models.

This suggests it's just for Allgrip models prior to 2018

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
And I just about guarantee it will be at your cost too......retrofit sort of shouts "we have a solution, but since you didn't complain when you bought it....."

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
Thank you guys so much. Contacted Suzuki NZ about our 2017 Ignis and they have agreed to up grade the suspension under a recall!.
Many thanks to all.

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
Hi
Thank you guys so much. Contacted Suzuki NZ about our 2017 Ignis and they have agreed to up grade the suspension under a recall!.
Many thanks to all.
I hate to say it, Suzuki NZ are letting the side down as far as customer service is concerned, they're actually helpful.....

·
Banned
507 Posts
I had mine done too, Suzuki UK were definitely trying to avoid doing it but our dealer fought our corner and sorted it.
Big improvement.

·
Read Only
330 Posts
This is an expensive upgrade so worth getting it done before the 3 year warranty runs out. It's easy to check if your car has the upgraded suspension just by looking at the rear shock absorbers - there's pictures of the original and upgraded units on this site. You're more likely to get the upgrade if you complain that the car clatters and bangs over bumps when fully laden. Just telling your dealer that you're aware of an upgrade to the suspension is unlikely to cut it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi
Many thanks to all.
Suzuki NZ have been great. They new exactly what the problem is and said they would fix it. Sadly we did another long trip in the 2017 ignis and the present suspension is really really bad.
  • Sadly parts are delayed due to the chinese virus, but it had given us time to have the cracked windscreen replaced. Walking wounded from our long run.
  • Fuel was 5 liters per 100 kms pushing it along (no real motorways in NZ) - but the readout often shows 4.5 to 4.8 litres. We are happy with that.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Hi Breese,
as you seem to have helpful and friendly dealers/ support from Suzuki over there, could you confirm exactly which components will be replaced by them. There have been reports of all four shock absorbers (and front bump stops) being changed, but also some people seem to think only the rears were done. Here in the UK, the supplying dealer for my Ignis have been absolutely terrible and I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day so it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,

·
Registered
9 Posts
Hi Breese,
as you seem to have helpful and friendly dealers/ support from Suzuki over there, could you confirm exactly which components will be replaced by them. There have been reports of all four shock absorbers (and front bump stops) being changed, but also some people seem to think only the rears were done. Here in the UK, the supplying dealer for my Ignis have been absolutely terrible and I wouldn't trust them to tell me the time of day so it would be much appreciated.

Cheers,
No problem but its probably a month away from now, 28 feb 20.
cheers

·
Registered
7,781 Posts
  • Fuel was 5 liters per 100 kms pushing it along (no real motorways in NZ) - but the readout often shows 4.5 to 4.8 litres. We are happy with that.
You've been driving South all the time, its downhill that way hehehee

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi guys , I also run a 2017 Ignis sz5 allgrip and contacted my dealer today to see about getting it updated to the improved suspension. unfortunately they claimed they hadn't any info on this and my car was not showing as any pending recalls.
It has the smaller diameter rear shocks so assuming it needs the upgrade.
have any of you any further info on any reference numbers for this so I can give the dealer the info.

thanks for all the great posts I've found this forum a great source of info and also quite friendly.

·
Read Only
330 Posts
As previously noted - I think that if you talk about an upgrade to many dealers - it will fall on deaf ears - the car wasn't subject to a recall and will not show up on a recall database. Suzuki will generally react if you complain about a specific issue with the car. The issue is that cars with the pre-upgrade suspension bang and clatter over bumps, especially when the car is fully loaded. This problem is very well known, so if this is the basis of your complaint and the dealer isn't aware of the solution - he will refer to Suzuki Technical who will authorise the upgrade if the car has the original suspension setup.

·
Registered
5 Posts
As previously noted - I think that if you talk about an upgrade to many dealers - it will fall on deaf ears - the car wasn't subject to a recall. Suzuki will generally react if you complain about a specific issue. The issue is that cars with the pre-upgrade suspension bang and clatter over bumps especially when the car is fully loaded. This problem is very well known, so if this is the basis of your complaint and the dealer isn't aware of the solution - he will refer to Suzuki Technical who will authorise the upgrade if the car has the original suspension setup.
cheers ,my car is booked in for a service on the 16th and they have added a note to say im not happy with the suspension bottoming out when rear passengers onboard so hopefully will know more once they have taken a look at it.

·
Banned
507 Posts
Hi guys , I also run a 2017 Ignis sz5 allgrip and contacted my dealer today to see about getting it updated to the improved suspension. unfortunately they claimed they hadn't any info on this and my car was not showing as any pending recalls.
It has the smaller diameter rear shocks so assuming it needs the upgrade.
have any of you any further info on any reference numbers for this so I can give the dealer the info.

thanks for all the great posts I've found this forum a great source of info and also quite friendly.
I had the same but I’d just spent £12k in cash, they’re a good dealer and found out it could be done. We were the first they’d done.
Suzuki UK was very very reluctant to do anything; in fact they were quite rude.

·
Registered
5 Posts
I had the same but I’d just spent £12k in cash, they’re a good dealer and found out it could be done. We were the first they’d done.
Suzuki UK was very very reluctant to do anything; in fact they were quite rude.
my dealer is Sturgess Suzuki is it worth me getting them to talk to yours?

1 - 20 of 29 Posts