Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 10 of 10 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi all had a suzuki since may 2004 still looking for tunining ideas im a bit rusty due to older age as have not customised or tuned a car for some 20 yrs now any ideas tips welcome

·
Registered
21 Posts
Hi there.
Had my black sport since May. The only mod i have done is to add one of those 'piggy back' resistors from ebay (about £2.00) It tricks the airflow meter into thinking the car is always getting cold air. Ive had no problems and the car is noticeably quicker and more driveable. Seriously!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Hi

Were you the guy shown in the suzuki free mag who bought and SV and then bought an Ignis Sport to...???

Have you fitted a K&N induction filter...???

Is it easy to fit...???

Cheers

Here's a pic of my black beauty...I'm really into bikes as well, giving it a rest for a while after my accident in June last year....gutted about my new bike getting written off as well.....

·
Registered
21 Posts
No, I dont think so. Had my SVs some time before the ignis.
It is a great bike though one of the best for smiles per £.......bit like the
Ignis really!
Have not got a k&n. You should try one of those resistors from ebay though.
Takes about a second to fit and seriously makes the car fly!
Had a Saxo VTR before the Ignis. The Suzuki is quicker but has a lot harsher
ride though.
Cannot believe what prices Suzuki are selling them for though!
What bike did you have before the off?

·
Registered
21 Posts
P.s. Nice wheels. What are they and where did you get them.
My Sport came with the alloys in silver and not the standard white ones.
Dont know why this was, but i think they look much better anyway! :D

·
Registered
44 Posts
I had a Brand new Aprilia Tuono in black, only put 700 miles on it from new and two little oiks in a fiesta pulled into a junction without indicators and took me and the bike well out...complete write off....
So I thought I better take it easy for a while as it's my 4th accident in 8 years...ummm

The wheels I have on the Ignis are Wolf Race Pro Race 17" with Nankang tires, the one in the show room where I bought it had them on...so I did a deal on the price and got the wheels thrown in for £600...corners nicely and with not much wheel spin as the standard tyres....

I've got the K&N induction on and it sounds great, and rev's a little cleaner now....

Have you always had SV's...???

Here's a pic of the Tuono....

·
Registered
21 Posts
What a crying shame. Thats a gorgeous bike. Id love a RSV but my missus would kill me! Would probably get one if i could make do without a car. Bit to much of a wimp for riding through winter though!
Had a few bikes, started on an RS125 which went like a rocket for what was in effect a scooter!!
Had a zxr6 which was fun, but for the allround cost not a patch on the SV for all round fun and value. Seriously!

·
Registered
44 Posts
Missus wasn't to happy with me getting the RSV either, but she's a lot happier now....ummm
Still want to get another bike though...thinking about a Z750..due to cash flow...!

I got one of those piggy back resistors and plugged it in today...wow revs very cleanly now, sure goes up the gears and rev counter quick...v nice...thanks for the tip...

·
Registered
21 Posts
Yeah, i was impressed by the improved driveability for next to nothing outlay. Fuel consumption may go up a little but i have not noticed a great difference.
Z750 nice looking bike, even though its not a twin! Shame they dont do it in Kwaka green though!

1 - 10 of 10 Posts