Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi, you may have read the post earlier on the same subject.

The left hand driveshaft on my Ignis has been replaced.

There is now a modified circlip that is to be fitted to the left hand driveshaft of all sports, if you see your dealer they should know about it. If you like to drive your Ignis hard (don't we all!) best get it done sooner rather than later.

·
Registered
44 Posts
Is there going to be an offical recall, or should you go down to your dealer and explain...???
Will you have to pay for the update...???
I bought my Ignis brand new and put 17" Wolf race wheels with Nankangs on before I even drove it off the forecourt...
Was there any signs leading up to the problem you can give us any pointers to...??? :huh:

·
Registered
44 Posts
I've spoken to three different dealers all round the country today and none of them have heard anything about a drive shaft problem, or new circlip needed...

·
Registered
17 Posts
Discussion Starter · #5 ·
Hi again,

I had my mods done at Brownings at Melton Mowbray, I also spoke to the dealer in Lincoln, they were certainly aware of it, there would be no charge. They told me another Sport driver had lost transmission completely.

As for signals, I noticed that on idle, especially when warm ther ewas an almost deisel engine type rattle which would disappear as soon as the clutch was engaged. That's the best test, get the engine warm, and while the engine is idling engage the clutch, if the tone changes it is probably wearing.

I alos had a transmission oil leak some weeks previous and a new clip was fitted but it was the old type.

Thid modification has only been known about for a couple of weeks. The impression I got was you would get it if you asked for it.

1 - 5 of 5 Posts