Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 42 Posts

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
Can I fit ignis 2017 roof rails my model just has the black plastic lines in roof are they under this trim
On what model year? You dont tell us what your one is.

·
Administrator
18,753 Posts
It seems a reasonable question to me - I belong to the school of thought that assumption is the mother of all f***ups - no harm in asking for clarification.

·
Registered
13,039 Posts
I'd have thought it must obviously be 2016 onwards. Surely they wouldn't be asking re an earlier one?
I don't know, I've seen roof rails from modern Japanese cars grafted onto a Morris Oxford before. They looked quite good too.

Its not uncommon to see people trying to fit later model stuff to earlier production vehicles. Its like trying to fit a 2013 facelift grille onto a 2008 grand vitara

·
Registered
791 Posts
It does help if owners detail their model but it's pretty obvious, from previous posts, without any assumptions, that this member has a 2017 Ignis and with the absence of roof bars its a SZ3.

The mountings are fitted to all body-shells - the black finishing trim needs to be replaced (or cut) to position the feet of the roof bars over the mount. If you get the bars from a breakers ensure you get the mounting bolts, end caps etc.

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Do you know whether it's fitted from above or below?

A Qashqai needs the headlining dropped to get the bolts on - too much to hope they're captive and already there?

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Its not uncommon to see people trying to fit later model stuff to earlier production vehicles. Its like trying to fit a 2013 facelift grille onto a 2008 grand vitara
Remember there's absolutely nothing in common between early Ignises and 2016-on ones. Except the name.

It's not like a Yamaha MT-07 where some things are intechangeable between 2014-2017, 2018-2020 and 2021-on versions - mainly things lower down - and some are not - mainly things higher up!

I continue to maintain this forum section should accordingly be separated.

·
Registered
791 Posts
Do you know whether it's fitted from above or below?

A Qashqai needs the headlining dropped to get the bolts on - too much to hope they're captive and already there?
Doesn't look like any underside access is required. The end of the bar is attached to a bracket with two M6 nuts and the bracket is attached to the roof with two machine screws (certainly no separate nuts). The end cap is then clipped to the bar X4. The bars are handed but the brackets are also handed so ensure that these are fitted correctly (it looks like the bars have to be removed first / fitted last in order to gain access to remove / fit the brackets from the body)

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #13 ·
It does help if owners detail their model but it's pretty obvious, from previous posts, without any assumptions, that this member has a 2017 Ignis and with the absence of roof bars its a SZ3.

The mountings are fitted to all body-shells - the black finishing trim needs to be replaced (or cut) to position the feet of the roof bars over the mount. If you get the bars from a breakers ensure you get the mounting bolts, end caps etc.
Tried fitting and looks like the rails fit on the inside on roofby the black trim.if I position over trim it doesn't sit properly
Surely they would pre drill all body shells ready

·
Registered
791 Posts
Tried fitting and looks like the rails fit on the inside on roofby the black trim.if I position over trim it doesn't sit properly
Surely they would pre drill all body shells ready
The rail ends don't fit over the black trim. Please see my previous response 9 above. The trim needs to be removed to fit the bars. A new trim is then needed or you can cut the old trim to size either side of the mountings. Have a look at the roof of an Ignis with roof rails to see how the rails and trim are positioned.

·
Registered
25 Posts
Discussion Starter · #15 ·
The rail ends don't fit over the black trim. Please see my previous response 9 above. The trim needs to be removed to fit the bars. A new trim is then needed or you can cut the old trim to size either side of the mountings. Have a look at the roof of an Ignis with roof rails to see how the rails and trim are positioned.
There is no fixing holes under the black trims

·
Registered
1,302 Posts
Not really - the situation is more as spitfire9 describes:

Vehicle Hood Automotive lighting Car Motor vehicle

Car Vehicle Motor vehicle Automotive lighting Hood

1 - 20 of 42 Posts