Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
28 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
So anyway. The annoying rattle that the dealer couldnt find was easily located when I got underneath. Turned out to be the flimsy plastic shield behind the l.h. rear wheel, theres not one the other side, Either never was or has dropped off. I cut a moon shaped piece out of it to stop it rattling against the petrol filler pipe, Big improvement, but still a clonk every now and then, so this morning I wrapped the petrol pipe with a strip of bandage, only to find the rattle was the top of the shield banging against the inner wheel arch. A bit more trimming with the scissors and noise gone. A liberal coat of stone chip behind it should stop some of the rust which is already forming. Its not yet 3 years old, apparently underneath is not covered by the 12yr anti rust warranty. Luckily they put a years Mot on it. How did they do that. Mot is dated 26/6 and its not 3 until 29/9. ??? So anyway, Im of out for a spin in the hopefully rattle free Zanussi. (my pal thinks its a washing machine) I should have bought the orange one maybe. Cheers Colin

·
Read Only
330 Posts
If you so wish, you can get an MOT certificate on a new car just out of the showroom. It's quite common for dealers to MOT cars which are within a few months of the third anniversary, and if it's done less than a month before the registration date, then the MOT will be valid for 12 months from the registration date. It's a similar argument as for for an older vehicle - most people would be uncomfortable buying a car from a dealer with just a couple of months MOT remaining. Whilst the amount of surface rust on the underside of relatively young Ignis cars is undesirable, it's likely to be quite a few years until it impacts on the MOT.

The warranty given by manufacturers is a perforation warranty not an anti-rust warranty - generally it only covers rust when it penetrates from the rear of the panel. Claiming on such warranties is fraught with problems and in particular manufacturers will reject claims where there isn't a full record of annual dealer inspections and highlighted issues weren't corrected promptly.

·
Registered
544 Posts
Turned out to be the flimsy plastic shield behind the l.h. rear wheel, theres not one the other side, Either never was or has dropped off.

Just checked - the one on the left is much bigger than the right and wraps around behind the wheel. Very flimsy - but as long as it does its job...

I should have bought the orange one maybe.

ABSOLUTELY! With a black roof too!

1 - 3 of 3 Posts