Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
hi just brought my first suzuki and as with all cars that are new to me i go through the paranoia of thinking every knock and rattle is gonna cost me a fortune however so far im very pleased with the ignis apart from one thing .
when i go over slightly rough ground im getting a knocking from the n/s front end have checked the exhaust and had a look at the underside but all seems good just wondering if the ignis has any history of this fault and any surgestions . its a 2001 1.3 with 42k on it . oh yes its worse when cold . many thanks:)

·
Registered
5 Posts
Hi! Other than a "2001 1.3" we have no idea the model of your vehicle.
If you're getting this sound on uneven ground, your most likely and immediate culprit is the stabalizer (or "sway") bar end link. They affix the stabalizer bar on each side and rotate inside a ball joint to dampen the vehicle lean while cornering.
A Google search will lead you right to them. A simple and cheap fix. Even if it's undetectable from a visual inspection, the ball could be broken or worn inside the socket. Replace both at the same time, it's very inexpensive and mechanically easy.
A quick test to isolate the bad one however is to drive over a speed bump at an angle with each tire. This should elicit the pop you're looking for.
Let us know!
~ Kevin.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts