Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 8 of 8 Posts

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Well seeing as this forum seems to have pretty much died, I thought I’d just comment on how good our little Ignis has been in the recent torrential rain and flooding. Those deeply uncool, narrow tyres really do cut into the water and help prevent aquaplaning and the AWD helps get that modest power down.
Add the excellent LED headlights which manage to light the way ahead very well without blinding oncoming cars and it’s a good little foul weather partner.
Just waiting for a slightly dry day (will we ever see one again?!) to wash the grubby-mobile!

I’m missing heated seats a fair bit but it’s less noticeable without leather.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I'd agree - it was perfect on our recently flooded roads in Gloucestershire - driving through puddles didn't tug at the steering at all! Very reassuring on cornering too!

·
Registered
4,540 Posts
be careful you don't drive them in the warm rain in the summer, they may shrink, and they are small enough now.:LOL:

·
Registered
237 Posts
Well seeing as this forum seems to have pretty much died, I thought I’d just comment on how good our little Ignis has been in the recent torrential rain and flooding.
Yes it seems a pity that folks have nowt to discuss these days. Personally I do not like very much using the Ignis in bad weather.
Something that irritates is the lane gadget and the proximity alert thing. I forget to switch it off as I have to do every trip. And the sensor blocks off such a lot of view.

·
Registered
140 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
I have the lane departure thing off all the time. But I leave the collision alert on; it gets it wrong sometimes but does get it right often enough to keep it enabled.

I find the car ideal for our narrow, country lanes.

·
Registered
237 Posts
I bought mine for Brummy traffic and its roads and since moving to north Lincs I have found it to be only adequate for these nasty nasty narrow twisty roads. Basically I don't think it is ideal as I see it best on dual carriageway and motorway roads.

·
Registered
234 Posts
I have the lane departure thing off all the time. But I leave the collision alert on; it gets it wrong sometimes but does get it right often enough to keep it enabled.

Ditto ---------------------------------------------------------------------- ditto

Ditto

1 - 8 of 8 Posts