Suzuki Forums banner

21 - 36 of 36 Posts

·
Registered
248 Posts
What exactly is the fault that Suzuki are admitting to? The Suzuki pads are hard and can be heard when applying the brakes at low speed - not particularly unusual. The hard pads result in quite a bit of disc wear and when my car was serviced (by an indie) - it was pointed out that at current rates - the discs would probably need replacing at the first replacement of the pads. Several manufacturers have now introduced pads into their range for the new Ignis. Blueprint are around £18 a set - around 30% of genuine Suzuki. From the post above - copper grease has largely been replaced by products such as Ceratec - these are more effective and less resistant to drying out or being washed off brake parts.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Suzuki did say a potential some noise is normal others are not its, case by case trying to develop different pads shims etc but the comment some annd others are not should there be a recall

·
Registered
6,541 Posts
Suzuki did say a potential some noise is normal others are not its, case by case trying to develop different pads shims etc but the comment some annd others are not should there be a recall
A recall?? not necessarily. The pad fitted to the Ingnis models sold here squeal if you don't use them forcefully. Disc wear on factory pads looks about normal so far on the ones I've had in for service checks. Some discs squeal, some don't. The only "retraction" on discs is the runout on the disc and wheel bearings, so if everythings perfect, the pads will be pretty close to the disc when the brakes are off. Shims can help, but not always.

·
Registered
504 Posts
My discs rust up as the car is never used and they squeal like Billy-o for a while. lol

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #26
Seeing as they wouldn’t do a recall for the early 2017 suspension issue (definitely a safety issue) and having spoken to their head office, it’s obvious they will avoid any sort of recall at all costs.

Good dealer, terrible UK customer service from head office; my dealer fought our corner and we got the suspension sorted. It’s so much better now!

·
Registered
504 Posts
Seeing as they wouldn’t do a recall for the early 2017 suspension issue (definitely a safety issue) and having spoken to their head office, it’s obvious they will avoid any sort of recall at all costs.

Good dealer, terrible UK customer service from head office; my dealer fought our corner and we got the suspension sorted. It’s so much better now!
My dealer told me they had done one and the owner was not happy with the "harsher" ride so that put me off having it done.

·
Registered
504 Posts
Embarrassingly, I’m not sure. I didn’t ask (it was a battle to get them done) but the front shocks did look suspiciously new when I took the car home.
See, my dealer seemed to think it was just the rears that get changed. After all the banging comes from the rear.

·
Registered
504 Posts
If I get the chance, I’ll ask!
I have 2 months warranty left so if I were to go ahead it would need to be in warranty. They said they would do it (only rears though I think) so it was up to me.

·
Registered
438 Posts
Discussion Starter #34
I have 2 months warranty left so if I were to go ahead it would need to be in warranty. They said they would do it (only rears though I think) so it was up to me.
It really improved ours; from uncomfortably crashy in the back to reasonably comfortable.

21 - 36 of 36 Posts