Suzuki Forums banner
21 - 28 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cant even get my 2018 Ignis to recognise that there is a phone plugged in with a usb cable but works ok with a iPhone. I have tried various different USB cables and nothing works.
Someone said USB debugging mode needs to be active. Maybe some phones do need this but I know of at least two that work without this.
There was a statement on the Internet somewhere that states that not all phones will connect with all cars. I can support this with various degrees of success. So far I've found Samsung and iPhone (others iPhone experiences) having greatest or should that be easiest success. Makes sense with Samsung's electronics background and Apple's software mastery. But some other phones will connect. Huawei is awkward. The ones I've tried connect and disconnect on the Suzuki but was fine on my Skoda. The BMW group of cars seem to be a particular pain with older model Minis only working with iPhones. Others no doubt have experience of many other models.
In my humble opinion Bluetooth is crap. It may be getting better, that remains to be seen.

·
Registered
69 Posts
What's the name of the hardware? is it available to buy? Working wireless android auto sounds interesting

This is what I backed there does seem to be a few others on the market about too.

·
Registered
812 Posts
I had this issue extensively due to a knackered USB c port on my phone. I backed a wireless android auto indiegogo project about a year go that came a few months ago and it's been perfect with my ignis.
It's hardware not software
What's the name of the hardware? is it available to buy? Working wireless android auto sounds interesting

·
Registered
49 Posts
For info: While helping out a mate it was realised that the Android version on his merely two year old car is not new enough at 4.0.4. I was shocked that it is so old. I mean that's going back to 28 March 2012 according to Wikipedia. It's not a Suzuki by the way...

·
Registered
812 Posts
I didn't think the version of Android Auto on the car was relevant - it's the one on the phone that is. My new S21 with inbuilt Android Auto is slightly different to my S8 where it's an app.

·
Registered
25 Posts
I've finally figured out the reason for Android Auto and Apple CarPlay issues for the Ignis fitted with the Pioneer AVIC-F88DAB head unit. Mine was working with Apple CarPlay but not Android Auto.

I've got it working for Android Auto now. It's because on the back of the unit there are two USB ports. Port 1 is for Apple iPhones, Port 2 is for Android phones. The USB port at the front is plugged into Port 1 (on my unit). I simply swapped the USB cables over on the back of the unit and Android Auto works (and Apple CarPlay doesn't anymore). Getting to the back of the unit is really easy, just need a philips screwdriver.

Wondering if there's another usb socket somewhere because there's usb cables going into both ports.

21 - 28 of 28 Posts