Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 20 of 28 Posts

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi I have recently purchased a 2018 Ignis adventure I have managed to connect my phone via Bluetooth but whenever I try and set up android auto I can't seem to get it to connect anyone else had any issues?

·
Registered
9,605 Posts
connect via Bluetooth then use a good quality cable, not the crappy charger cable it comes with

·
Registered
69 Posts
My 67 plate (late 2017, let's not repeat the number plate discussion) required a software update for Android auto, which either the dealer can do or you track down the files online and update it yourself.

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
10,742 Posts
Mine is a 99, but has a Veteran plate...

·
Registered
49 Posts
Hi I have recently purchased a 2018 Ignis adventure I have managed to connect my phone via Bluetooth but whenever I try and set up android auto I can't seem to get it to connect anyone else had any issues?
The guide I watched says (and it makes sense) connect via USB cable then Bluetooth. This will only work if the unit in the car is WiFi compatible as I found out. Mine works perfectly for what it's worth but only with a USB cable connection.

·
Registered
49 Posts
As others have said. Android Auto will only work wirelessly if you have wireless compatibility built-in to your Infotainment system. I have a 2018 Ignis with a Bosch type unit the same as many others and the unit won't work wirelessly. It will only work with a USB connection.

·
Registered
37 Posts
Discussion Starter · #10 ·
I cant even get my 2018 Ignis to recognise that there is a phone plugged in with a usb cable but works ok with a iPhone. I have tried various different USB cables and nothing works.

·
Registered
Suzuki Ignis 2020
60 Posts
You will need to update the firmware on the radio for it to work, had the same problem

·
Registered
49 Posts
I cant even get my 2018 Ignis to recognise that there is a phone plugged in with a usb cable but works ok with a iPhone. I have tried various different USB cables and nothing works.
Good quality USB cable is a must. Cheap and cheerful ones will almost certainly not work. I have many cables and only the more expensive two or three work.
I thought I had a connection problem too and I did - the cable!
If after all this you are still not connected then I'm afraid you could have a phone model that simply won't connect.
We have had a few issues with the Suzuki units not working or not working properly (connecting and disconnecting Bluetooth) and the particular phone makes a big difference.
Our Huawei phones are troublesome but Motorola and Samsung seem to work fine.
This is the first car we have had so much trouble with.
I should say this is the first Infotainment system as it should not matter the car.
First car I had great phone connection with was my 2011 Nissan Juke. Connection was first rate. Moved to Skoda and their systems which was not as up-to-date and they were a bit of a let down but still worked. The Suzuki - not so good again but the phone brand would appear to make a big difference - at the sake of repeating myself. If you have a Samsung or Moto lying around or borrow a friends' and see if it connects better but, remember a good quality cable above all else.
I have seen many occasions where intermittent or no connection was down to a bad cable or loose cable connection - usually at the phone end. Cables are cheaper than phones to replace so the phone port will probably be fine.
Hope all this helps.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I'm just curious as lots of people say use a high quality cable. What makes the difference between a low or high quality cable. Is there any way people can easily identify if the cable is up to the job?

·
Registered
49 Posts
I'm just curious as lots of people say use a high quality cable. What makes the difference between a low or high quality cable. Is there any way people can easily identify if the cable is up to the job?
Usually a quality cable is a known brand name but not always. I have used Adata lately. A USB 3.0 Gen 2. Others have said they've had problems with USB 3 cables. I believe either USB 2 or 3 should work equally well. I'm ex electronics workshop and experience with computers.
Good cables are typically more expensive.

·
Registered
10 Posts
Usually a quality cable is a known brand name but not always. I have used Adata lately. A USB 3.0 Gen 2. Others have said they've had problems with USB 3 cables. I believe either USB 2 or 3 should work equally well. I'm ex electronics workshop and experience with computers.
Good cables are typically more expensive.
Excellent input. Many thanks. Very helpful.

·
Registered
812 Posts
My four-year old S8 has been particularly flaky connecting for a month or two.

I've just bought a S21 and it's perfect - with the same cable.

Hence I'm sort of concluding that the connector port on the S8 has been damaged over time.

·
Registered
49 Posts
My four-year old S8 has been particularly flaky connecting for a month or two.

I've just bought a S21 and it's perfect - with the same cable.

Hence I'm sort of concluding that the connector port on the S8 has been damaged over time.
Sounds like it. A shame because the ports are made to be more robust than the cables BUT they are still only copper.

·
Registered
69 Posts
I had this issue extensively due to a knackered USB c port on my phone. I backed a wireless android auto indiegogo project about a year go that came a few months ago and it's been perfect with my ignis.

·
Registered
10 Posts
I had this issue extensively due to a knackered USB c port on my phone. I backed a wireless android auto indiegogo project about a year go that came a few months ago and it's been perfect with my ignis.
Good to know the wireless adapters work well. Could be a good option for people.

·
Registered
49 Posts
What is the name of the app. Sounds worth a look. Thanks.

1 - 20 of 28 Posts