Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 7 of 7 Posts

·
Registered
3 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Hi All, I've just recently bought a 04 plate Ignis 4Grip and after inspection it looks as if I may well have to replace the existing tyres soon. At present Kumho Solus KH17's are fitted. I live in rural South Lincolnshire and the roads always seem to be wet and mud covered from farm traffic. My question is on what tyres would be suitable as a decent wearing replacement [all weather?] with good grip for all year round use as I just want to use one set or am I best to buy the KH17's again? Thanking you in anticipation for any suggestions....Best Regards...Ian.

·
Registered
1,473 Posts
"Horses for course"

Something to consider - If you do the majority of driving on slippery tracks, then you want a more AGGRESSIVE tread - bigger gaps between lugs for mud to be pushed out. These, of course, are far more noisy and have more resistance to rolling on the tarmac and there is plenty of choice of how aggressive you want these days. You wont need rock crawling lugged tyres, however being an all wheel drive, you have better traction over a 2WD already, but you need to decide what tyres are safest on your roads. There is restrictions on the dimensions designed for that car (height/width), so I suggest you talk to the big tyre company reps (at least two different companies) in your area to determine whats available for your usage.

·
Registered
24 Posts
I got Falken euro all season AS200 on my 2WD.
Its a modern 4 season tyre, comes closer to winter tyres. For wet climate in Belgium in winter, with possible snow its ideal if u dont want to pay for 2 sets.
It was a test winner in Germany, tied with the Goodyear but 25€ cheaper a piece.
Gives great traction in wet, grass and light mud.
Fuel consumption is a slight bit up, not dramatic.
Perfect if u dont do much miles, in test they wear faster.
Those on a 4WD must drive awesome.

1 - 7 of 7 Posts
This is an older thread, you may not receive a response, and could be reviving an old thread. Please consider creating a new thread.