Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 37 Posts

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Does anybody has a way to update this firmware? My radio doesn't even displasy radio stations names. Of course, it doesn't have the new Android Auto, even when Google says that it's available for Ignos 2016 and later....

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
and location? some markets were not equipped with android auto or RDS (which gives you station information etc)

·
Registered
484 Posts
Welcome to this forum

You haven't said where you are and your avatar is displaying a USA flag under it - the Ignis isn't sold in the USA.

In the UK early models were sold with what was affectively an aftermarket Pioneer unit. This was soon replaced though (sometime in 2017?) with a Suzuki specific Bosch unit.

The UK 2018 model has CarPlay/Android Auto as standard.

I've not heard of anyone attempting to update the firmware.

·
Registered
484 Posts
Have you checked what firmware you have.

I've just checked mine and it's 1850.2

1860.1 or 1860.2 or even 1870 appear to be current now looking at those other forums although Bosch is only listing the former - https://oss.bosch-cm.com/suzuki.html

I can't find any changelogs to determine what the upgrades might be.

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #8
Bolivia, South America... and yes, we have that feature here. My friend's Grand Vitara DOES show the stations name...
and location? some markets were not equipped with android auto or RDS (which gives you station information etc)

·
Registered
6 Posts
Discussion Starter #9
The info of the Android Systems of the radio says:
Uboot Version: U-boot V00.02.14
Kernel Version: V03.02.47 20161109
Operating System version: Android-4.1.1 V0.20.182Q
MCU Version: V0.58S.N

Does it help?

Have you checked what firmware you have.

I've just checked mine and it's 1850.2

1860.1 or 1860.2 or even 1870 appear to be current now looking at those other forums although Bosch is only listing the former - https://oss.bosch-cm.com/suzuki.html

I can't find any changelogs to determine what the upgrades might be.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
Bolivia, South America... and yes, we have that feature here. My friend's Grand Vitara DOES show the stations name...
but does he have the same radio fitted as his grand vitara? its a radio feature, not an area specific feature. Some markets are not equipped with radios capable of displaying RDS signalling.
Your head unit is aftermarket, and DOES NOT have RDS ability
check the link, then select "details" tab and scroll down to tuner section where it clearly states RDS NO

·
Registered
7,327 Posts

·
Registered
IGNIS , 2017, AGS (auto)
37 Posts
If you have the pioneer system, you will need to register with them so you can download firmware map updates from them. ( Unfortunately you will have to pay for map updates!) You put the firmware on usb or SD card then go into settings where it says firmware, then it will install updates, will take between 30-45 mins. If you have Bosch perhaps someone else here can help.

·
Registered
290 Posts
You can buy map updates on sites like Ebay. These are on an SD card and are a third of the price of downloading from Pioneer.
Example: 2019 Q2 EUROPEAN GPS MAPS FOR PIONEER AVIC-F80DAB AND PIONEER AVIC-F88DAB | eBay

You can also download updates for the operating firmware for free on the Pioneer website. You can check the installed version in Settings on your unit - the latest version is 1.08

·
Registered
23 Posts
Does anyone know how to install updates to the bosch unit installed in the UK? I have the source code downloaded from bosch but there's no readme, and I don't want to break anything.

I've never got android auto working in the UK (but apple carplay works) and hoping an update may correct this.

·
Registered
Ignis SZ5 2019
8 Posts
My wife has a 2020 SZT fitted with Bosch info system however Suzuki don’t supply the SD card with maps I have purchased the update card from eBay but when I insert it it shows her location as Germany when we are uk based it also only shows 1/2 satellites when I go to the info page (long press on gears icon) I’ve tried everything to get it to update the location or gain more satellites without success I have an SZ5 and that shows 8 satellites anyone help me please ??

1 - 20 of 37 Posts