Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 39 Posts

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
For those carrying out their own servicing or supplying parts to an indy for servicing - here is a list of common servicing parts with both Suzuki and good brand aftermarket part numbers:

Front Pads
Suzuki 55810-62R00
Blueprint ADK84245

Front Discs
Suzuki 55311-62R00
Delphi BG4974C
MTEC MTEC4031

Cabin Filter
Suzuki 95860-74P00
Blueprint ADK82516

Air Filter
Suzuki 13780-81PA0
Blueprint ADK82255

Oil Filter
Suzuki 16510-84M00
Blueprint ADK82108

Sump Plug Washer
Suzuki 0916M14015

Spark Plugs
Suzuki 09482-00647
Bosch YR8S1133U / 0242 129-524
Denso VXUH201

Coolant
Suzuki 990F0-59J44-EC1 (5L container only)

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
A great list! The Ignis handbook page 7.32 lists ILZKR6F11 as the correct spark plug for the Ignis?
Suzuki part number 09482-00647 is just a NGK spark plug type ILZKR6F11 in a Suzuki box. However NGK don't list ILZKR6F11 in the UK - at least not at present. It is available in Japan , Australia etc. The Suzuki part will set you back around £30 per plug!! The Bosch equivalent is less than half the price.
plugs.jpg

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Suzuki part number 09482-00647 is just a NGK spark plug type ILZKR6F11 in a Suzuki box. However NGK don't list ILZKR6F11 in the UK - at least not at present. It is available in Japan , Australia etc. The Suzuki part will set you back around £30 per plug!! The Bosch equivalent is less than half the price.
View attachment 96332
Rock auto have them for about $5 US dont know what shipping would be to the UK. You might have to try different vehicles to find the same plug as they wont have them listed under the ignis as Suzuki is not available in the US new any more. Many other makes and models use this plug. Just a thought if people want another option

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #6
US$5 is an absolutely incredible price for an iridium spark plug. I've tried Rock Auto website - part number not found. If you could give me I link for purchasing - I'd be most grateful.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I'll go cruising the site, they have the plugs by some silly 4 digit code. I'll find a vehicle that has them and let you know, might take a few days.

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
Done some digging, these are a standard iridium plug but depending on which decode book I use they come back as a 10 mm thread. 12.7 mm thread length, 16 mm hex, inbuilt resistor, heat range 6 dual v point and 1.1 mm gap. Double iridium
If someone confirms if they are 10 mm diameter I can work up a cross reference

I suspect they are 10 mm diameter but don't want to go hunting in case I'm wrong. Anyway, being a good iridium plug you should get at least 80,000 miles out of them

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
Done some digging, these are a standard iridium plug but depending on which decode book I use they come back as a 10 mm thread. 12.7 mm thread length, 16 mm hex, inbuilt resistor, heat range 6 dual v point and 1.1 mm gap. Double iridium

I suspect they are 10 mm diameter but don't want to go hunting in case I'm wrong. Anyway, being a good iridium plug you should get at least 80,000 miles out of them
No need to worry about the spec - there's only one type of ILZKR6F11 plug! This is readily available in Australia etc - see, for example

NGK confirms that the plug isn't available in Europe - but they have suggested an alternative - this is part of their email.....................
"My suggestion is to either purchase through a Suzuki main agent or we do have a similar plug in our range: LZKR6AI-10G, stock number 97999. Both are iridium, same heat range and projection. Main differences are that the plug removed has an additional platinum chip in the ground electrode, which increases the service life slightly. However, the other has copper cored ground, which helps draw heat away from the ground electrode - so swings and roundabouts."

No problem getting the correct plug from abroad but what really takes my interest is getting the correct NGK plugs at your quoted US$5 each!

The change interval on the Ignis is actually 62500 miles and not many owners will need plugs quite yet! When they do, theres a choice of the Suzuki part, Denso or Bosch equivalents or the NGK alternative. Top of the list though, would be the OE NGK plug at US$20 a set + overseas postage.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Going to order the MTEC dimpled and grooved disks and Blueprint pads and get my local garage to fit them.
I did consider the top end C hooks but I can’t find any evidence they are better.
Drilled seem to be prone to cracking.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
Going to order the MTEC dimpled and grooved disks and Blueprint pads and get my local garage to fit them.
I did consider the top end C hooks but I can’t find any evidence they are better.
Drilled seem to be prone to cracking.
I've had MTEC discs previously and took the option of getting them coated - £14 a pair in silver gold or black. Surprisingly the centres kept their looks for a couple of years. Checking their site indicates that coating isn't available in the current climate - presumably they're unable to customise stock items at the moment.

·
Registered
19 Posts

How do we get these USD5 spark plugs or is this another one of your usual bullsh1t stories?

·
Registered
6,511 Posts
I am trying to find a cross reference for the ignis plugs to an equivalent, I just got 4 new iridium plugs for the GV from rock auto for $45 USD plus shipping. Denso admittedly. When I find an equivalent I will let you know.

·
Registered
433 Posts
Well thanks to this thread my MTEC disks and BluePrint pads are on the way. Let's hope they improve the braking and last a lot longer!
Faith rather shaken in Suzuki OEM parts but hopefully it's a bit of a one off. That very uneven tyre wear was a pain but I'll leave it until post lockdown then get the wheels laser aligned. Certainly not urgent.

·
Registered
19 Posts
I fitted Blueprint pads and MTEC C-hook discs a while back. Very pleased in terms of performance and quieter than the originals when braking at low speeds. In terms of the discs on your car - were they at the wear limit or another issue - 20 k.miles on a set of discs is ridiculously low?

·
Registered
433 Posts
I went to have new front tyres fitted, at a tyre place I regularly use, as the inner edges were completely worn and asked them to check the squeaky brakes (on and off since we bought the car with 9k miles on it); they told me the disks had worn unevenly and had about 1000 miles left maximum.
I called the dealer we bought it from (still under warranty) and they gave me the “that’s normal” spiel. I know it isn’t but Coronavirus meant a booking to see them was cancelled and I decided to try non OEM as the Suzuki ones are clearly useless. The warranty runs out in June.

I’ve gone for dimpled and grooved disks.

·
Registered
243 Posts
Discussion Starter #20
I went to have new front tyres fitted, at a tyre place I regularly use, as the inner edges were completely worn and asked them to check the squeaky brakes (on and off since we bought the car with 9k miles on it); they told me the disks had worn unevenly and had about 1000 miles left maximum.
I called the dealer we bought it from (still under warranty) and they gave me the “that’s normal” spiel. I know it isn’t but Coronavirus meant a booking to see them was cancelled and I decided to try non OEM as the Suzuki ones are clearly useless. The warranty runs out in June.

I’ve gone for dimpled and grooved disks.
Presumably the pads are also worn unevenly? Uneven wear on pads or discs is indicative of sticking calliper pistons, seized slider pins or pads binding in the calliper.

1 - 20 of 39 Posts