Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 6 of 6 Posts

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
I've been on a testdrive with new Ignis 5 door, 1.3 94HP engine, GS equipment (4 airbags, A/C, cd player+speakers,...). I'm quite satisfied with it, except the interior that's kinda strange, but it can be fixed with some styling...

I have a couple of questions for owners (not the little sporty model):

1. Did you experience any malfunctions, how is this car reliable on the road?
2. Any problems changing Blaupunkt audio panel console with new radio, new speakers?
3. Anyone driving with 17" wheels on this model? What is the topspeed you get with 195/50/15 wide tyres?
4. Any other problems and things that make you nervous while driving? Tnx!

·
Registered
2 Posts
hi icebreakr!
i'm having new Ignis 1.5 100HP engine GLX equipment for about two months now.
car is very fast & reliable on road, but with its "all seasons" tires there is no chance to drive easily on snow. winter tires mandatory!
suggestion: consider buying Ignis 1.5 instead of 1.3 because there is insignificant price difference and you get much more.

·
Registered
49 Posts
Discussion Starter · #4 ·
dex tnx for that quick info... i've been checking the pricelist, but it seems that 1.5 2x4 isnt available in my country... only 1.5 4x4 :/

Any info on the quality of Blaupunkt cd-player and speakers? What speed (mph/kmh) do you guys get on the highway with new Ignis?

·
Registered
14 Posts
I replaced the Blaupunkt speakers in my Ignis 1.3 SE (2005) which is totally crap. It was suprisingly easy to do. By using a small flat headed screw driver you can lift the front speaker grill up from its dashboard mountings. Sounds incredible, but the speaker grills are literally snapped into place, and you can lift them up with a screwdriver. Be carefull not to scratch the dashboard in the process.

The rear speakers is just as easy. The speaker panel can be open/detached by applying some sideways force to it.

The whole removal and refit of speakers took me no longer than 1 hour.

My advice is to replace the Blaupunkt speakers and eventually the radio itself.

Included is a pic of my "Danish tax-ridden" Ignis

1 - 6 of 6 Posts