Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 20 of 23 Posts

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Having taken my car off the road for lockdown I return to find the ignition disabled. I have disconnected the battery overnight, as suggested by Suzuki garage, to allow it to reset itself, but this hasn’t worked. Any hel appreciated!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I'm thinking stupedest Factory retro fitted Immobilizer setup in the world on the Ignis. The one that alerts everyone with the horn you have put your keys in the ignition when you want to leave quietly. The one that alerts everyone you have arrived with the horn if you don't take your key out in time. The one that beeps constantly if you want to sit there eating lunch in the shade with the radio playing and the engine not running. Perhaps it's the battery in the remote fob? We have had a successful stupid Immobilizer delete post here in the past - do a search?

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #4
I'm thinking stupedest Factory retro fitted Immobilizer setup in the world on the Ignis. The one that alerts everyone with the horn you have put your keys in the ignition when you want to leave quietly. The one that alerts everyone you have arrived with the horn if you don't take your key out in time. The one that beeps constantly if you want to sit there eating lunch in the shade with the radio playing and the engine not running. Perhaps it's the battery in the remote fob? We have had a successful stupid Immobilizer delete post here in the past - do a search?
Mine does none of those things...possibly because it’s a very old model. I did do a search on here, but found nothing, hence the question.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #5
\
Not sufficient info, please explain in detail.
I’m new to this forum and had trouble getting signed in...the full post read...

Having taken my car off the road for lockdown I return to find the ignition disabled. I have disconnected the battery overnight, as suggested by Suzuki garage, to allow it to reset itself, but this hasn’t worked. Any help appreciated!

It’s a 2002 Suzuki Ignis, central locking on drivers door, not remote. Key has transmitter? that enables ignition, but it is not working, the ‘car locked’ light is on...it seems to inhibit petrol to the carburettor. There is no obvious opening to replace a battery in the key.

Any ideas?

·
Registered
99 Tracker, 5 door, 2L, 4x4
9,978 Posts
Are you reporting that the immobilizer light on the dash is lite, or that the dash panel will not activate..

Disconnecting the battery is the exact opposite than would be helpful.. by doing that, any trouble codes and coding (modules) would be erased...

·
Registered
865 Posts
Do the red lights illuminate on the dash? Can you hear the fuel pump prime for a couple of seconds before you crank the engine?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I’m new to this forum and had trouble getting signed in...the full post read...

Having taken my car off the road for lockdown I return to find the ignition disabled. I have disconnected the battery overnight, as suggested by Suzuki garage, to allow it to reset itself, but this hasn’t worked. Any help appreciated!

It’s a 2002 Suzuki Ignis, central locking on drivers door, not remote. Key has transmitter? that enables ignition, but it is not working, the ‘car locked’ light is on...it seems to inhibit petrol to the carburettor. There is no obvious opening to replace a battery in the key.

Any ideas?
There is only a RFID chip in those keys from memory. If it's the plain key with no central locking buttons. It sounds like your immobilizer/ security module has lost the coding for the keys. Probably not the best advice to disconnect the battery in this situation, although I suspect it might not have made any difference.
This will require a (more than likely) Suzuki scan tool to reprogram the keys into the immobilizer module given the age of the car. All keys will be required as you need to code them all at the same time.

·
Registered
865 Posts
There is only a RFID chip in those keys from memory. If it's the plain key with no central locking buttons. It sounds like your immobilizer/ security module has lost the coding for the keys.
I have swapped the complete lock set from one first gen Ignis to another, without swapping the ECU - no RFID issues. One of them had the Factory immobiliser with separate remote fob and the other had none.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #10
There is only a RFID chip in those keys from memory. If it's the plain key with no central locking buttons. It sounds like your immobilizer/ security module has lost the coding for the keys. Probably not the best advice to disconnect the battery in this situation, although I suspect it might not have made any difference.
This will require a (more than likely) Suzuki scan tool to reprogram the keys into the immobilizer module given the age of the car. All keys will be required as you need to code them all at the same time.
I’ve had to disconnect a different battery in the past to recharge and have since replaced the battery, and found it to be no problem. I was wondering if I could immobilise the immobiliser...

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #11
Are you reporting that the immobilizer light on the dash is lite, or that the dash panel will not activate..

Disconnecting the battery is the exact opposite than would be helpful.. by doing that, any trouble codes and coding (modules) would be erased...
It’s just the immobiliser light, everything else is raring to go...wondering if I can immobilise the immobiliser

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #12
do you know whether I can immobilise the immobiliser?

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
I think
do you know whether I can immobilise the immobiliser?
I have never considered it. I'm not sure how that one is configured and whether it's part if the ecm or a separate module.

·
Registered
865 Posts
We have another member, in the past, that has successfuly "immobilised the (world's stupidest) immobiliser" (deleted) on this forum with my help. Go back through previous posts to see how it was done. If you can't find, it I will do what I just suggested for you to do and share the link if you can't find it.

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #16
We have another member, in the past, that has successfuly "immobilised the (world's stupidest) immobiliser" (deleted) on this forum with my help. Go back through previous posts to see how it was done. If you can't find, it I will do what I just suggested for you to do and share the link if you can't find it.
I think I found the post you refer to, it involved cutting and rejoining a black wire? I’m hopelessly scared of touching the electrics, was hoping I could just remove a fuse! Think I’m going to get the Suzuki garage man out. Thanks for your time!

·
Registered
865 Posts
I think I found the post you refer to, it involved cutting and rejoining a black wire? I’m hopelessly scared of touching the electrics, was hoping I could just remove a fuse! Think I’m going to get the Suzuki garage man out. Thanks for your time!
Nope, it is joining lots of same coloured wires back together that were cut and connected to black wires going to a box.

How stupid is putting your key in the ignition and the horn blasts 5 times if you don't start the car in 5 seconds! How stupid is you wanting to stop at some traffic lights that take 5 mins to get the green and you want to shut down to save fuel, but the horn sounds 5 times, then you need to press a button on the remote to get the car to start again, if you can avoid the 5 horn blasts?

I nominate the Suzuki Ignis Immobiliser as the STUPEDEST in the world - EVER!

·
Registered
9 Posts
Discussion Starter #18
Nope, it is joining lots of same coloured wires back together that were cut and connected to black wires going to a box.

How stupid is putting your key in the ignition and the horn blasts 5 times if you don't start the car in 5 seconds! How stupid is you wanting to stop at some traffic lights that take 5 mins to get the green and you want to shut down to save fuel, but the horn sounds 5 times, then you need to press a button on the remote to get the car to start again, if you can avoid the 5 horn blasts?

I don’t get the horn blasts you talk of, all quiet here...I just don’t get why after 3 months of not using the car the key isn’t being recognised so it’s stopping me getting back on the road! Grrr...other than that I absolutely love my Ignis and haven’t had anything other than standard maintenance issues.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts
This happens when batteries go flat on some of the older cars when sitting unused for a while. The immobilizer module loses its programming and you end up in the situation you are in.

·
Registered
7,327 Posts

You are talking about an alarm and immobilizer system, not the plain immobilizer issue the poster is having.

1 - 20 of 23 Posts