Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hello folks, my old trusty Ignis has been doing this weird thing from time to time, the engine seems to start to stutter and wont stop until I pull over and shut the engine from a few minutes. and there seems to be strong gas smell at the same time, which makes me think theres something wrong with the feed line to the engine maybe?

Anyone have an idea where should I start looking, i even took a video of it when i pull over.

https://streamable.com/vk8s9

I Appreciate any advice!
Thanks!

·
Registered
6,393 Posts
sounds like its got a bad miss.

As always, diagnosis is the key.
Get it scanned for codes.
Start with the basics, check or replace the plugs (you do replace them at the recommended intervals don't you?, check boots, lances etc.

Don't drive it like this, the strong gas smell is it running rich, that will destroy the Cat in short order resulting in a very expensive problem and replacement.

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #3
Thanks for the fast reply! and after some digging it seems like a usual problem with this model, people who had the same issue changed the crankshaft sensor and they said the issue never came back, im gonna take this info to the shop and see what they think, thanks for the help !

and yeah the car gets its checkup regular. :D

1 - 3 of 3 Posts