Suzuki Forums banner
1 - 14 of 14 Posts

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #1 ·
Suddenly when driving Ignis a problem occured.
Rpms, speedmeter, immobilizer lamp and service lamp suddenly went on/off in a crazy rythm. Motor of course did not work. Steering went heavy and of course engine stopped. After 5 mins all things OK. Then after 10 mins dead again. this has happened more than 10 times last month (AUGUST).
Gone to a Suzuki dealer and he needs my car for one week to check. After this answer I got my IGNIS to another electronic car service and after many tests (3 days) he said that the main electronic processor unit needs replacement. Thats a lot of money. Help....

I checked for bad gas... bad spark plugs, bad wiring...

Also the service lamp had turned on more than 4 times since I owe the car. Lamda sensor as they always said. After paying twice 30Euros, I unscrew the sensor at the lower part of the motor after the catalyst and clean it with alchohol 90%. Is that correct?

·
Registered
5 Posts
Discussion Starter · #2 ·
The rpm sensor in the crankshaft was faulty

To find this problem we changed
1. Lamda sensors
2. Ignition sensors
3. Main CPU
4. Some cabling

Of course I payed the sensor and 3.5 working hours
It took 3 working days to experimnet and test

Thanks to all

·
Registered
1 Posts
Hi gpat
I have a 2000 Suzuki Ignis and today for the second time and in hot conditions the motor started missing and then stopped. It had happened before in a HWY and it healed itself the same as today. I was able to drive it back home after opening the bonnet and letting it cool down. The symptoms are very similar to yours, only that the EPS light also came on and stayed on all the way home.
Was your fault heat related? My first fault happened on a hot day at 100km ph and the same today after a few trips OK in semi cool weather.
CT

·
Registered
2 Posts
Hi,
gpat & ctemple, how are you?
I've got the exact problem with my 2000 Ignis.:huh: But I haven't got the problem sort out yet?:(
gpat, have you engine stalled again(touch wood), after you replaced The rpm sensor in the crankshaft?
ctemple, have you got your car fixed yet? And where about?
:liebe011: you all.
Happy New Year!!

·
Registered
49 Posts
So far 1000 miles behind me (Ignis 1.3 VVT 2WD)... and Suzuki *still* works :]

its a suprise, well you see... Renault cars were my passion (and suffering) before I've met Suzuki ;) :lol: :lol: :lol:

·
Registered
2 Posts
I took the advice and have had my crankshaft senor replaced this morning. The Suzuki service center told me there is nothing wrong with the old senor. I've driven the car for an hour after the new senor(AUD$154 plus AUD$135 labor), the engine didn't stall on me, but my heart was pumping fast and I kept praying all the way. Thanks everyone for the advice and I'll keep my fingers cross for the next few days.

·
Registered
2 Posts
our car has a similar problem, the garage say the computer does not show any problems. would the garage find the problem if they had their computer connected when the problem occurs.

·
Registered
2 Posts
We have just got our Ignis back from the garage after having the camshaft/crankshaft sensor changed, before the change we could travel 25kms, then it would stop after every 5kms. We travelled back 35kms yesterday with a already hot engine and had no trouble what so ever.
A big thankyou to whoever posted the original problem.

·
Registered
4 Posts
Hi all,
We had the same problem too. It took some time to fix. Even Suzuki could not find the problem (I think they just wanted to rip us off even more). Put my foot down and said no more, at the $480 mark. I came to this website and presto, there was a post that had the same problem, and said it was the crank shaft sensor. After what I already had paid out, I bought the sensor from a Suzuki spares place for about $135, and replaced it that night. Tested the car, the problem had disappeared, it was working normal. Thank you for this very 1st post of this problem.

·
Registered
3 Posts
Where Find This Sensor In The Vehicle... I Have The Same problem, And Dont Have Money To Go With The Concesionari,
I So Thanks For Your Answer

1 - 14 of 14 Posts