Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
1 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hi there,

I have a 97 geo tracker that runs fine everywhere but at idle. As I come to a stop and depress the clutch, the idle speed will drop to about 500 rpm and almost die. It slowly comes up a bit, but doesn't get to a comfortable 800 or so. For me this means always giving a little gas to keep it the 800.

By the way, it idles fine when cold, which is when the idle seems to stay above 1000 rpm. Once it reaches operating temperature, it starts to dive down to the 500 level.

I've had the codes run at my local Schucks, and the O2 sensors came up. I replaced them, and it seemed to make a difference for a day or so, and then the problem resumed. This was a bummer, because they're not inexpensive. Something else is going on, obviously, that is tripping the O2 codes.

I still seem to be getting decent milage, too, and exhaust doesn't smell unusual.

No other codes come up.

Any suggestions are appreciated.

Thanks,
Vince

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Intake vacuum leaks? Condition of catalytic convertor? EGR system, throttle body, & IAC cleaning (remove carbon)?

·
Registered
4,296 Posts
Did you find a solution to your idle drop? My 97 is starting to do this too, but only occasionally.

1 - 3 of 3 Posts