Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 3 of 3 Posts

·
Registered
10 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Good Morning,

Can anyone help me, I own an 88 Samurai SJ413, which has a few issues. One being when I turn on the fans, rear window heater or lights the idle speed increases by 1.5k. Can anyone identify why, or if this is an known issue? I am planning to replace the alternator, but would like second opinion before i pay out ontop of a new manifold and refurbed carb.

In fact, if anyone can aid me in sourcing these parts in the UK as well I would be most grateful.

Regards,

Dave

·
Registered
2 Posts
hey

I took my car to the mechanic becuase the idle solenoid had blocked up. After tuning my car, I noticed the revs going from about 900rpm to about 2300rpm when i turned on my head lights. The mechanic made a screw adjustment at the front of the carb and dropped the revs to about 1200rpm. He reckons that the engine revs up so as not to drain the battery when the lights are on. It is supposedly a normal behaviour

·
Registered
1 Posts
Not sure if you had this sorted already, but I have just learnt the hard way with my carb on my 413. On the Aisan carb there are 2 vacum pumps on the front which are connected to an electrical gizmo via an air pipe. These pumps advance the engine when the electrics draw current. start your car,make sure you timing and normal idle speed is correct, turn on the lights and then make adjustments on these 2 vacum units.

hope that helps

1 - 3 of 3 Posts