Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 2 of 2 Posts

·
Registered
4 Posts
Discussion Starter #1
Hey Guys,
I am stationed in Okinawa and own a 1995 Jimny Siera 1300cc, auto tranny. Its fuel injected. I've owned it about 4-5 months. When I start it, it will idle high, about 2000-2100 rpm for a few, then drops down to normal... seems ok to me, maybe a little high to start. Once it warms up it will idle rough, some times really low around 200-500rpm, lots of vibes. Also seems to idle low when I put it in reverse. Lastly, sometimes if I am excellerating or going up a hill and quickly let off the gas, the rpms will drop all the way to 0, and of course stall. Then it will restart immediately and be o.k. for a while. This usually happens in horrible traffic and is extremely frustrating. I gave it a tune up a few months back (no real difference), and took it into the shop today. As of right now they said it seems fine to them, but they will look at it again tomorrow. This problem is intermittent but seems to be getting worse. Its starting to get warm here and I will be running the A/C non-stop soon, so I imagine that will make it worse. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

·
Registered
71 Posts
did you try cleaning the throttle body? I use an old tooth brush and carb cleaner spray to remove the sludge that forms around the throttle plate.
let us know what you find.

1 - 2 of 2 Posts