Suzuki Forums banner

1 - 5 of 5 Posts

·
Registered
2 Posts
Discussion Starter #1 (Edited)
Hello,

My wife and I recently purchased a 1988 Samurai Tin Top, but we do not know much about it. We are trying to get an idea for what it should look like stock off the show room floor, so we can get it looking right.
The Vin # is JS4JC51V4J4153362
It has a 1.3L 4cyl, with a 5 speed transmission. It has racing seats, and no back seat, and we may keep it that way, but we would like the decals it is missing.
It runs good, but there are a few things that need attention. The gas needle likes to bounce around, and the driver's door panel is taped in place. We want to make sure we're looking up the right parts when it's time to start ordering.

Please let me know what I can do to help you help me.
I will get better pics soon I was wanting to clean it up first, but it doesn't look like the brined is going away anytime soon.:rolleyes:

ETA: The engine has a webber carburetor.

·
Registered
264 Posts
Hi and welcome!
You'll need to know if its a JA, JX, or JX special edition. Also, is it an 88, or, 88 1/2?
My parts book is for 1987. I did find some of the decal stripes still listed for the JX tin top. Suzuki Parts - Suzuki Car Parts Catalog Online Store No drawing available online. My book doesn't make it clear what the decals look like either. For this particular set, there are four pieces listed. I would guess there is one for the tailgate, too.
The gas needle is most likely the sender in the tank. Very common and available from several places. Price will be between $30~ $80. I've replaced three of them and am getting faster.
Last time I looked, Suzuki had new OEM door panels, too. Not many choices left as to models and colors, but they were still available.

87 JX Stripe part #s:
77460-83080-9CN
" -9CM
77450-83080-9CN
" -9CM

You could paint, or have them cut by a graphic supply store, for less.

I painted my own.

Not original Suzuki, but I like 'em.

I can give you the part numbers for anything on an '87.
Can't help you with any of the other years.

·
Registered
5,299 Posts
Parts database says its an 88.5-90 model, the part numbers are here:

·
Registered
2 Posts
Congratulations, my friend, that's a gorgeous machine. Exactly like one I had a few decades ago. Wanted another just like it but I'm finding that the battered interiors are more than I care to deal with. I'm happy to work on the engine but instead of dealing with a trashed interior, I'm looking at a soft top tomorrow that has already been re-upholstered. So we've both had good luck, lately!

1 - 5 of 5 Posts